October 1, 2014

'Glee' Scandal: Extra Reveals Prom King/Queen Spoilers Via Twitter

by Jean Bentley, posted Apr 18th 2011 5:30PM
Glee, Born This WayJust when it seemed the 'Glee' camp had finally realized the art of keeping important plotlines a secret, an extra managed to spoil the outcome of the much-anticipated 'Born This Way' prom episode.

Warning: Spoilers ahead! Do not read any further if you're trying to avoid leaks about the episode.

As chronicled on ONTD, a rogue extra answered fan questions about the episode on Twitter the other day and spoiled the outcome of the heated prom race -- majorly pissing off 'Glee' co-creator Brad Falchuk in the process.

"K is PQ and Ka is PK," tweeted Nicole Crowther, a Los Angeles actress who worked as an extra on the show. The "K" she's referring to undoubtedly stands for Kurt, and the "Ka" stands for Karofsky -- meaning Kurt will be crowned prom queen and his closeted torturer will be crowned king.

A Tumblr user with some sort of connection to the show confirmed the news (the post has since been taken down), writing, "It's true. Karofsky wins Prom King and Kurt wins Prom Queen. And it is meant to be mean. But Kurt takes the moment and kicks its ass. It is a much better moment for Kurt than Karofsky."

Crowther's tweets were removed, but not before 'Glee' executive producer Falchuk (and legions of fans) saw them. Falchuk replied, "Who are you to spoil something talented people have spent months to create?," adding "hope you're qualified to do something besides work in entertainment."

Though E! Online speculated that the prom scenes might be reshot, Crowther tweeted,
"They are not doing reshoots because of my careless mistake so shut up haters and leave me alone. Grow up and get a life." She's also been posting a steady stream of apologies since yesterday's incident, including a response to Falchuk. "I'm truly sorry. I was being completely thoughtless and made a horrible mistake. I'm deeply & incredibly sorry Brad."

The 90-minute 'Born This Way' episode airs next Tue., April 26, at 8PM ET.

Tell us: Are you mad someone spoiled the outcome? Should Falchuk have brought attention to the scandal?

Atomic Martini

Oh, boohoo. If people don't want spoilers, they can easily just avoid looking at them.

April 24 2011 at 10:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Irie

That Crowther bitch totally ruined it for me. I was so looking forward to the prom episode, and yes, secretly hoping Kurt would be crowned. Did I think it would actually happen? No. Which is why this would have been a complete trip for me to see it happen for real. Now, the anticipation is gone. So thanks for the spoilers, you dumb bitch. Hope you never get to work in entertainment again.

April 24 2011 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Taramoor

I notice, looking at some of the tweets directed at her, that everybody was just fine with her posting spoilers and tidbits until she posted this. I feel bad for her, because she probably won't work in the industry again any time soon and because all those followers and people listening to her made her feel like a rock star only to turn on her like wolverines when she gave them something they said they wanted: A real spoiler.

April 19 2011 at 1:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rtms

I hope this ends the year of whiney, bitchy Kirk and we actually get some character growth on the others. He can sit on the sidelines next year.

April 18 2011 at 11:12 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rtms's comment
Coreyrc

Real quick: Who the hell is Kirk? I have never seen or heard of this guy on Glee! I bet he must be such an important character even though I have never seen him! Oh well, I guess you are just that observant and I am just completely oblivious to such major characters as KIRK.

April 19 2011 at 7:19 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Coreyrc's comment
anonymous xx

KURT. The gay one! He's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx :)

April 27 2011 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down