October 25, 2014

Jim Carrey Added to 'The Office' Season Finale Job List

by Harley W. Lond, posted Apr 21st 2011 10:30PM
Is this going to be the hottest season finale since 'The Simpsons Season 6 Who Shot Mr. Burns? Part 1' episode?

The May 19 episode of 'The Office' had all the makings of a blockbuster finale, and it's almost cinched now with the addition of Jim Carrey to the guest cast of celebrity actors vying for the Dunder Mifflin job being vacated by Michael Scott (Steve Carell).

Carrey joins Will Ferrell (who has already appeared but has not gotten the job), Ricky Gervais, Will Arnett, James Spader, Ray Romano and Catherine Tate in interviewing foe the job -- which will be revealed in the hour-long episode.

Next week's outing (April 28) marks the last episode starring Carell.

Heath Batson

Hey bfgry484Yerhdbv, nobody gives a flying crap that you don't like the show!! Only a stupid moron would go out of thief way to say they don't care! How about next time you just keep your jackass mouth shut about stuff you don't like, cause nobody cares that you don't like it! Everybody else likes the show, so I guess that makes you a big fat loser!!!

April 24 2011 at 9:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jjaytdad

Never really watched the show. Saw bits and pieces as I was desparately looking for something good to watch. Stiil haven't found anything with any quality. Maybe my standards are too high. I was expecting a little intelligence and really funny material. Nothing like that on network TV. Don't find Steve Carrell funny in the least. Don't like Rainn Wilson. No talent there. The rest of the supporting cast are forgettable. Guess what? I won't watch it again, even if Ricky Gervais is on. Especially if Ricky Gervais is on. Jim Carrey tries too hard. So does Will Farrell. Being on SNL doesn't make you a comedy genius. Either you're funny or you're not. He's not.

April 24 2011 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
di1cc

I love the show. Hate to see Steve Carell leave, he's soooo funny. What about casting Paul Reiser for the part. He has that same sense of humor like Steve. What u think?

April 24 2011 at 7:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stacey's AOL

LOVE THIS SHOW! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

April 24 2011 at 3:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pasavo

I can't see Jim Carrey as a good fit with this show!!!

April 24 2011 at 2:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MEQUA'S TRAY

April 24 2011 at 2:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rdhendrick29

The only way they'll be able to replace Steve Carrell in my opinion is to bring in Ricky Gervias. I watched the BBC version of the office before the American version and he was hilarious. For some reason, I just dont feel Will Ferrill as part of the cast. I think he's great and all, but just doesn't click to take Michael Scotts place.

April 24 2011 at 2:11 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rdhendrick29's comment
Kika

Yeah, Ricky is hilarious!!! I feel so bad for Dwight, though. He's always wanted the job and is now depressed...but I still can't picture him as the new manager....definitely can't replace Michael.

April 24 2011 at 2:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bfgry484yerhdbv

Never really watched the show. I really don't care.

April 24 2011 at 1:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kika

This may be extremely lame of me, but I cried with the last episode when they sung to Michael. I absolutely LOVE this show and I feel like these people are my best friends, haha, yeah I know, I'm a big-time loser. I have real friends, but I've watched this show from the beginning and I can't help but relate to each character. I love them all and I will most definitely be bawling on the last episode with Steve :(

April 24 2011 at 1:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

I don't think anyone can fill Steve Carell's shoes in this show. The whole cast of this show is great, perfect casting. I hate to see Carell go.

April 24 2011 at 12:41 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply