August 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Christoph Waltz Demands the 'Idol' Judges Give Negative Criticism or Die (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 22nd 2011 2:41AM
Christoph Waltz, 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'The judges on 'American Idol' have gotten a lot of flak this season for their lack of criticism to most of the contestants. Christoph Waltz went on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (Weeknights, 12AM ET on ABC) with a rather clever response to the criticism.

Using footage from the show, he set up the skit as if he was a contestant on the show, only he was judging the judges. "I'm going to sing a song and you will say something negative about me," Waltz said. "Otherwise, I'll have you all executed."

One by one, he went through the judges demanding their best negative criticism. They found a critique from Randy Jackson where he said "it was actually kind of boring," while Jennifer Lopez was almost negative.

But Steven Tyler apparently couldn't do it and Waltz had no choice but to executive him. We can't help but agree that Tyler has been the least negative of all the judges, but does he need to be?

Do you think the judges have been too positive this season?

bjsmissy

Get ready for the winner is Casey. He is not all that good but the judges saved him so they have to brag on him. I think the voting sucks. It should be like Dancing with the Stars. You can only vote a certain amount and then your through. Sometimes it's five votes and then sometimes it eight. That seems fair to me. I'm waiting for the X-Factor to come on. Love to see Simon at his best.

April 24 2011 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
family and news

Cristophe Waltz is the most inglorious basterd ever!! Such a wonderful actor (just caught him in"water for elephants', too bad he just started doing American film, what a loss to american audiences that we haven't had the advantage of his acting in our movies for the last few decades - Wundeba!! OK, so no musicals

April 24 2011 at 9:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

The show, with these judges, is the best season thus far! Once again, a lot of computer desk know-it-all comments.

April 24 2011 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mccormacklknox

SIMON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PLEASE< PLEASE come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 24 2011 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Magic

The judges suck PERIOD, JLO did the show cuase her album was coming out, Tyler did the show cause Aerosmith has lost its popularity and JACKSON is lost with his DAWG BS. Bring me Howard Stern, Quincy Jones, and Queen Latifa and trust me they would be more vocal than the 3 we have now.....Latif knows music, Quincy Jones is a producing ICON and Howard would just be Howard.....Get it.....Magic

April 24 2011 at 1:33 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn

If they don't get some pizazz going on this show I think that "Idol" is on it's way out. With the X Factor on the way and everyone's favorite "Simon Legree" back on the judging seat, Idol is done. I am recording it now so that I can just fast forward to who is off the show.

April 24 2011 at 1:27 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jimbet35

I think they should all be fired for what they said after James did his thing as number 2. They said that he would be the best for the night, so why should the others come out and do their thing when they tell someone that can't carry a tune in a bussel basket that he will be the best of the night.

April 24 2011 at 11:58 AM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
rane1313

The most interesting and entertaining part of Idol this year is Pia and Mark. The rest is just semi scripted crap. Nigel, Please go back to "So you think you can dance". Oh yeah and dump Jacob, who has no sense of sportsmanship as evident in his sloppy handshake upon Stephano's departure. Lastly: the three judges should be fired publicly for not doing there job. I have never seen a group of more irrelavent statements made in an hour show unless they were to be compared to the Three Stooges.

April 24 2011 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janine

It's a boring LOVE-FEST. I keep thinking I wish Simon was there so I can REALLY know how the perfomer did.

April 24 2011 at 11:18 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
davidjleahy

Sorry but this American Idol season is way below par. Jenneifer getting 12 million a year is robbery. They are all
kissy kissy and and all remarks are never helpful criticism. At least Smon Cowell , while critical, was giving
beneficial advice to the singers. Current judges are just filling chairs. James is a joke and will not ever be heard
of in 6 months. Many winners are never heard of a year later. Casey is a one trick pony and he will ride off to
never-never land. James & Casey should have been dumped many weeks ago. Scotty wil probably win
but wish he would not hold the "mic" with both hands--looks like he is eating a sandwich

April 24 2011 at 11:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply