October 21, 2014

NBC Cancels 'The Paul Reiser Show'

by Harley W. Lond, posted Apr 23rd 2011 2:15AM
Paul Reiser's TV comeback was short-lived.

NBC canceled 'The Paul Reiser Show' after only two episodes.

The show -- which didn't fare well with the critics -- didn't tickle the fancy of TV viewers, and it premiered to 3.3 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic, ranking as the network's lowest-rated in-season comedy bow ever, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The second episode scored 2.5 million viewers and a 0.9 share.

The show was a semi-autobiographical sitcom about a former television star who hadn't work in the business for several years. The series' flop makes that premise too close for comfort.

Repeats of 'The Office' will take over at 8:30PM beginning next week.

Jan

I guess they prefer smutty crapp than wholesome real TV

May 18 2011 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Virginia Allen

For stupid people, Persians are Iranians. DUH.

May 02 2011 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Virginia Allen

I liked the show; the second show was much better (I loved the lines "What are you allergic to?" "Persians". I was rolling on the floor! Give Paul another chance! This was funny!

May 02 2011 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jorczak9

Embarrassing. Garbage. I turned the channel after the first 15 minutes. I couldn't believe how bad this show was. Typical NBC fare.

May 01 2011 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jen

It was horrible. I'm not sure what people are talking about that it "fit in" with the line up. Can I have some of that crack you're smoking??

April 26 2011 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jesus

I liked the show, even my 14 & 16 year-olds were laughing, we were looking forward to the next show. Adding Henry Rollins was a good addition. Too bad, NBC should have given it more than 2 weeks.

April 26 2011 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GEENA

I LIKED PAUL IN HIS PREVIOUS SIT COME, BUT I KNEW THIS WOULDN'T STAY ON AFTER THE FIRST EPISOD.

April 25 2011 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
colleen

Hey Paul.......I've stopped watching them after their rude and obnoxious way of ending Law & Order. This show garnered them millions and made them the #1 and most watched back in the '90s, You should have gone to CBS, your show can replace these serious mistakes in and otherwise perfect weekly line-up: Mad Love, Rules of Engagemment, and perhaps finally How I met your Mother ,......these shows are awful. Although your show did not have a great start, with the advertising/promotions that CBS does for their shows, including the ones I mentioned, you would have a better chance. Also if you feel like another writer I am offering you my services.:))

April 25 2011 at 3:10 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ddstan1120

Why would anyone be surprised by this. He is a has been that never was.
I could probably name fifty shows on tv that really have no business there, beginning with ALL reality shows, and most sit coms.
It is a sad commentary on the intellect of the USA that people would watch garbage like "Jersey Shore", Gene Simmons, and Ozzie, not to mention The Kardashians. No wonder we are turning into a third world country!!
God help us all!

April 25 2011 at 2:38 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
cpminline

Was never a big fan of Reiser, but they could have given him a better chance. It is a sad commentary on the intelect of the American people when "The Office" is used as a replacement . The only show worse than that piece of garbage is Sienfeld.

April 25 2011 at 2:10 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply