November 20, 2014

Simon Cowell Reveals 'X Factor' Judges Short List: Paula Abdul, Cheryl Cole

by Chris Harnick, posted Apr 25th 2011 10:15AM
Simon CowellIf Simon Cowell gets his way, the judging panel for Fox's 'X Factor' will look like this: Cowell, L.A. Reid, Cheryl Cole and Paula Abdul. Yep, Simon wants Paula back.

In an interview with Deadline, Cowell revealed his panel hopes but was sure to point out that negotiations with Abdul, his former 'American Idol' panelist, have yet to begin.

"I've always wanted Paula," Cowell told Nikki Finke. "Always been very vocal about that. I missed her the second she left the show. Always loved working with her even though she can be a pain. And I've been consistent about this. I don't know what it is about her, but I've always clicked with her ... I think there's a good chance it will be her. We've agreed that we would meet as many people as possible, and now we're reaching the deadline we've got to make the decision soon. But I think she's got a really good shot."

While Abdul's talks have yet to begin, producers have been in discussion with U.K. 'X Factor' judge Cheryl Cole about bringing her to the U.S.

News of Cole's involvement with the U.S. 'X Factor' isn't new. Confirmed 'X Factor' judge L.A. Reid spilled the beans to the press earlier this month. "We're gonna compete against 'American Idol' just fine," Reid said. "I'm very confident. But along with Simon Cowell and Cheryl, I don't know who the other judge is."

Who will be on 'The X Factor' has been a topic of hot discussion for the last few months. Everybody from Nicki Minaj to Enrique Iglesias have been rumored to be in talks for the judging gig.

Tell us: Do you want to see Simon Cowell reunite with Paula Abdul on 'The X Factor'?

sharonkatems

Yes!!!!!! They have wonderful chemistry. I won't watch if Cheryl Cole is on it.

May 04 2011 at 6:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cinder380

Great idea! Love to see them back together. To me, they made American Idol!!!

April 27 2011 at 8:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brenda

Yes, I Love Simon and Paua together, It's like American Idol, lost their IDOLS! They would be great together on x factor would Love to see it!

April 26 2011 at 12:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Brenda's comment
cherylelko

I WILL NOT watch anything with PAULA in iT..... what a drunken DUFFIS !!!!

May 08 2011 at 8:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cherylelko's comment
HELLO LYNNE

IF I WERE YOU, I'D THROW AWAY YOUR TV AND GO BACK TO SCHOOL.

May 09 2011 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
hairpieces

Pauls and Simon are great together.
They complement each other.
Great team,
Good luck with your show.
I look forward to watching it.

April 25 2011 at 11:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tropicalbaby5

I would like to see Paula back with Simon Cowell on X Factor ... and with cheryl cole that would be fantastic.. X Factor against American Idol? X Factor all the way hopefully its no way like american idol... and hopefully not only ppl out there voting something got to be better than that.... Judge by their talent and singing not by how they look or what they wear..........

April 25 2011 at 9:01 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
dvettecrzy

I would love to see Paula back on TV. Reminded me of an old girlfriend named Tricia, she was Super Smart, always a smile and down to earth, witty and funny, super personality. Paula also KNOWS the business, didn't anybody watch her show last year. She was Choreographer, Producer, Director, as well as a Judge.

April 25 2011 at 8:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Les

I THINK IT WOULD BE GREAT.

April 25 2011 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
flwr52

La Toya Jackson should of never been fired

April 25 2011 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to flwr52's comment
hairpieces

I agree
Star is one sneaky lady.
That was so unfair.

April 25 2011 at 11:09 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Louise

NO !!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE NO !!!!!!!!!!!!! GET SOME NEW FACES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 25 2011 at 8:03 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
squeaky101049

I have no respect for Simon Cowell because of the way he made fun of Susan Boyle when she made her first performance on his English version of American Idol. She showed him who had talent. I think he now wants Paul a Abdul back because he thinks her niceness makes her weak and he can have control over her. i say Paul you are too good for his show.

April 25 2011 at 7:58 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to squeaky101049's comment
cherylelko

NOOOOO MOOORRREEE PAULA ABDUL !!!!!!
PLEEEEEZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!