December 18, 2014

Kirstie Alley Eyes Return to Sitcoms With Possible HBO, TV Land Projects

by Chris Harnick, posted Apr 26th 2011 10:30AM
Kirstie AlleyKirstie Alley is eyeing a return to situation comedy with potential projects in the works at TV Land and HBO.

The 'Dancing With the Stars' contestant spilled the beans to AOL TV's Michael Maloney on the 'DWTS' press line last night.

"I have a series being written for me right now that I really love the concept of," Alley told AOL TV. "They're doing it for TV Land and I like those guys. They are really bringing comedy back."

Alley said the TV Land concept is "sort of Virginia Woolf." However, that's not the only iron in the fire. "I have some people writing [a potential series] for me for HBO," she said. "But I really want to do movies."

Alley shot to fame as Rebecca on 'Cheers.' On the big screen she starred in the 'Look Who's Talking Movies' and returned to TV with 'Veronica's Closet' and 'Fat Actress.'

Prior to joining 'Dancing With the Stars,' Alley starred in the A&E reality series 'Kirstie Alley's Big Life.'

While her new shows are in the works, Alley said she wouldn't be opposed to stopping by one of TV's most popular comedies, 'Modern Family.'

"I wouldn't mind popping in, but I really want my own show," she said. "And I really want my own movies. I'm selfish, what can I say?"

Tell us: Do you want to see Kirstie Alley return to sitcoms?

Blanche

I can't get enough of Kirstie. I hope all of this works out for her. She is such a hard driven woman and she deserves a hugh sitcom to hang her hat on. Kirstie...call me...

August 04 2011 at 5:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LINDA

KIRSTIE IS SUCH A PIG. CAN'T EVEN TALK LIKE A "LADY"FOR JUST A FEW MINUTES. ALWAYS "TRASH"COMES OUT OF HER MOUTH,THEN ACTS SO "SHOCKED" .WHAT A BUNCH OF "HORSE FEATHERS"(AS MY MOM USED TO SAY).THE TRASHIER SHE IS,THE COOLER SHE THINKS SHE IS.

May 10 2011 at 9:45 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Marc

I don't want to see her return. She's been given numerous chances and hasn't been appealing.
Why didn't they put a simple poll at the bottom where you could select an answer and we could see what the majority thought?

Do you want to see Kirstie Alley return to sitcoms?

0 - Yes
0 - No
0 - Maybe, if she could spend more time at the salad bar and not the chocolate bar

April 27 2011 at 5:04 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Robert Clark

good job karstir

April 27 2011 at 10:25 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
stinkyheadzzz

It's 14:59......................................

April 27 2011 at 6:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CeeMeRoar

not really

April 27 2011 at 6:07 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
hsmith3018

I like Kirstie ok!, but why does she make those silly movements with her mouth and actions? She falls all over Max and rubs him----dud!

April 27 2011 at 5:38 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
PETEY

if she does movies,her butt will fill the entire screen!

April 27 2011 at 5:37 AM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
Victor

Love to see her return to TV

April 27 2011 at 5:36 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply