September 17, 2014

The CW Renews 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Gossip Girl,' '90210,' 'Supernatural' & 'Top Model'

by Maggie Furlong, posted Apr 26th 2011 7:25PM
Good news for CW fans: The network has announced early renewals for five of their series for the 2011-12 TV season.

'The Vampire Diaries,' 'Gossip Girl,' 'Supernatural,' '90210' and 'America's Next Top Model' will all premiere new seasons in the fall.

Still no word on renewals for struggling freshman series 'Hellcats' and 'Nikita,' or veteran series 'One Tree Hill,' although most of the 'OTH' cast has signed on for another season.

'The Vampire Diaries,' which remains the CW's most-watched show, will be back for a third season of blood-suckers, werewolfs, witches and warlocks in Mystic Falls. Wonder what they'll think of next ...

'Gossip Girl' is the network's second most popular series, and '90210' is one of their most DVRed series, so those renewals also came as no surprise.

Fan-favorite 'Supernatural' will live to see its seventh season in the fall, due in large part to continually steady numbers in its Friday night timeslot.

'America's Next Top Model' will be mixing things up once again, doing its first All-Star Edition featuring "the models who became breakout characters and who had the most memorable stories from past cycles." Any guesses?

Krista Ward

I like hellcats its interesting show would hate to see it go. I want to know what happens next with marti in the cheerleading coach. I stopped watching nikkita like 4 shows back lost my attention. Love all my other cw shows what happen to life unexpected?

June 12 2011 at 12:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
walkin07

The tying themes of most of these shows, from what I gather in the trailers, is lust and betrayal: PM soap operas for the most part. I'll keep Antenna TV and THIS network--PIX's relations for kinder, gentler entertainment.

April 27 2011 at 11:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ladylevi50

i have been watching nikita for awhile now. i like it! not often you see someone besides a man saving the world from the units. the other shows pretty much sci fi stuff.

April 27 2011 at 10:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sheila

love vampire diaries and one tree hill, i'm glad tehy will be on for another season.

April 27 2011 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gothlolitadoll80

I'm glad that Vampire Diaries is staying. I enjoy watching the show and hopefully their next season will have lots of twist and turns. ^_^

April 27 2011 at 9:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

If Vampire Diaries had held true to the book series it would be 100% better, and I might actually watch it. The show sucks. Supernatural is the only one of those shows I will watch.

April 27 2011 at 7:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerry

I'm like valfields44, I've never seen any of the shows and will not. I think there are so many " reality shows" because no one can come up with good material. Either they're too lazy or there aren't any good actors around OR both. TV is starting to follow Hollywood: NO IMAGINATION. If you notice, there seems to be a LOT of remakes. Where has the entertainment talent gone????? As goes this country, so goes our tradition, entertainment and patterns. No good past. Nothing to base movies/tv programs on.

April 27 2011 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
valfields44

Gee I have never watched any of those shows, and probably never will.

April 27 2011 at 6:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ralph

Love Supernatural and Vampire Diaries. I will be disapointed if Nikita does not come back. Hate Gossip Girl and 90210. Wish they were on the choping block.

April 27 2011 at 5:33 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
gracelandmonkey

vampire diaries and supernatural are great we watch them every week. keep up the good work bah bah

April 27 2011 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply