April 20, 2014

First Look: Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin in HBO's 'Game Change'

by Chris Harnick, posted Apr 27th 2011 10:40AM
Julianne Moore, Sarah PalinTina Fey, watch your back! The first look at Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin in HBO's upcoming film 'Game Change' has hit the Internet, and she looks astonishingly like the former Alaska governor.

Moore and Ed Harris will star in the HBO pic based on the book of the same name. Written by Danny Strong -- yep, Jonathan from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' and writer of HBO's 'Recount' -- the film starts production on Wednesday. Jay Roach of 'Austin Powers' fame and the director of 'Recount' will helm the film.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Melissa Farman will play Bristol Palin. Viewers may remember Farman from HBO's 'Temple Grandin.'

Larry Sullivan will play Sarah Palin's deputy chief of staff Chris Edwards and 'Trauma' actor Jamey Sheridan will play McCain adviser Mark Salter. Woody Harrelson has been tapped to play McCain's senior adviser Steve Schmidt.

Moore was set to play Hillary Clinton in HBO's 'The Special Relationship' and even did a makeup test for the role, but due to scheduling conflicts with 'The Kids Are All Right,' she had to drop out. Instead, the role went to Hope Davis.

Thanks to our friends at PopEater, here's a side-by-side comparison of Moore (dressed as Clinton) and Clinton.

Julianne Moore, Hillary Clinton

Tell us: Do you think Julianne Moore looks the part of Sarah Palin?

mictoko

yes, she looks a lot like sarah palin. as a excellent actress she could do and say the dumb things sarah palin does. how about sarah's 5 dumb kids?

April 28 2011 at 8:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jejmjr67

I can't believe the cast. Couldn't they get any more far left people to be part of this film? Weren't Michael Morre, Spike Lee and Ted Danson available for parts. This will just be another hatchet job towards Palin, McCain and the Republican Party that it should sweep the Academy Awards next year. This will show unrelenting bias but I doubt that any of the MSM will ever bring it up.

April 28 2011 at 8:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mvond1332

No - Tina Fey was much better as Sarah - Julianne does not even come close nor will she ever.

April 28 2011 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jackie

Julianne is an excellent actress. If the writers are really good at coming up with stupid things for her to say, she will
win an Academy Award.

April 28 2011 at 1:19 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
flyingwjranch@gmail.com

No, she doesn't look anything like her.. Tina Fey to me looks very much like Sarah Palin.

April 27 2011 at 11:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deb

Julianne Moore looks more like Sarah Palin than Tina Fey does. Julianne also has Sarah's smile down pat. Julianne is a beautiful woman and she'll capture Sarah's sense of quiet elegance and quirky determination. Tina did resemble Sarah and she got her accent down but she portrayed her stiffly. One wondered if Tina turned her head, would it snap off her neck. I'm not downplaying Tina -- she's quite the talent. Julianne is just...well, she's stunningly beautiful and when she laughs -- she cackles in a ladylike, delightful way. It looks like I'm going to subscibe to HBO again. Am not looking forward to that. How many times can one watch the same movie over and over again without annoying those around you as you speak the lines before the character does. I don't know why so may people put Sarah Palin down? I adore her. I remember reading an article about her in a woman's magazine and discussing it with my husband. I was amazed at all she accomplished in her lifetime and what a devoted mother and wife she was. I also thought, "What a woman -- like Annie Oakley, the Unsinkable Molly Brown. She can survive off the land. She can catch her food, cook it, make a comfy bed out of straw and she never whines about doing a man's job. She does it effortlessly." If I found myself stranded on a desert island, I pray Sarah was with me. I would have a chance of surviving. Sarah is a REAL woman -- quite capable of doing a man's job. Quite capable of running this country. It irritates me to hear people put her down and calling her "dumb" I wonder if they stop to think how they sound?

April 27 2011 at 10:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kfneeley

Now that I've migrated all my messages over to gmail I will be pulling the plug on aol. AOL News is now Pravda with better graphics. I really hope all those bloggers are successful in their litigation against Arianna Huffington. Screw Huffington. Screw Soros. Screw Obama. To hell with all of our 'leaders' who absolutely despise this country and it's institutions, hate most of the average workaday citizens and who will stop at nothing to destroy our military and our economic system. I am so angry at all those young useful idiots who put this Munchurian President into office. PS-Julianne Moore really does make Palin look pretty. Jeez, I hope this comment makes it past the aol sensors. I guees we'll see.

April 27 2011 at 9:45 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to kfneeley's comment
vvvvvvdotc0m

Does this mean that the rest of us will be denied your sparkling wit and wisdom? Obviously a sad day for birthers.

April 27 2011 at 9:54 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Roy

If she can act dumb, she'll nail it! But Sarah deserves an Oscar because anyone who can "act" that dumb deserves an Oscar!

April 27 2011 at 8:49 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
easy3maw

Here we go with the lib on movie attack. Will they have somebody shoot her look alike.

April 27 2011 at 8:38 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
nassaurm

I do not think she is as pretty as Sarah Palin.

April 27 2011 at 8:19 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to nassaurm's comment
vvvvvvdotc0m

pretty? as in "Pretty Stupid"?

April 27 2011 at 9:31 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply