July 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Lindsay Lohan Talks Turning Her Life Around on 'The Tonight Show' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 27th 2011 2:19AM
Lindsay Lohan, 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno'With an appeal in the works on a sentence that would see her spend 120 days in prison, Lindsay Lohan went on 'The Tonight Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on NBC) to talk about the woes that have plagued her since her late teenage years and her desire to get her life back on track.

"I've made a lot of poor decisions in the past and I'm dealing with the consequences of those decisions," she said. "I know that I have to work to gain the respect back and I'm willing to do the work that I have to do to follow through with being an actress because that's what I love."

When asked what she would change about herself, she turned it around and said she'd rather change the public perception of her. She would much rather it be about her work than her personal troubles. She did admit, "I've put myself in positions where that was the bigger story."

It looks like the looming jail sentence has definitely sobered the 24-year old. We hope she can maintain this healthier mindset and move her career and life in the direction she wants. We'd much rather watch her six years from now talking to Jay Leno about having just won an Oscar than some of the possible alternatives if she slides down the wrong path again.

Watch the full interview here:

KR

It's amazing how they all have the same story they try to sell ... famous or not, they all have the same lame ass excuses. Reality = these people are too weak overcome their addictions. Reality is "too hard" so they turn to a substance to escape. You know what, EVERYONE has SOMETHING they're dealing with ... it's called LIFE, deal with it! Thank God she doesn't have children.

April 27 2011 at 1:21 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Hey Dillpepah!

Lindsay, I know you will succeed. You are a very talented actor, and I am looking forward to seeing you in your new movie and the many others that you will appear and star in. Picking yourself up and moving forward with your life is proof of the absolute strength of your character, and I know you will do it. I think your actions will inspire others who are suffering through various addictions and allow them to know that they too can put their lives back on track. There are plenty of people out here who love you and are behind you.

April 27 2011 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christina

Shout Up Linsey once a jailbird always one and what makes u so special beacuse u have the money and ur nothing but a ***** and slut u should not be in the new movie with john travolta at all what a big loser u really are I will never see any of your movies!!!I don't support please don't support Linsey !!!!

April 27 2011 at 11:37 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
katlady20

I agree with the other Karen. She blames her past over and over again while todays present is tomorrows past. She says she wants to change the publics perception of her rather than change herself. She will always take the easy way out which is look pretty, smile nice, act all innocent and beg forgiveness. I wish the judge would just put her in jail and be done with it. That would be the best thing for her. Her antics are old and repetative and sour.

Why give her credibiity on any show. She needs to disappear from the limeligh. One good thing, she has not had kids YET and hope to he** she uses birth control. She is one person who needs to not get pregnant and bring another child into this world who is the child of a lying, egocentric alcoholic.

April 27 2011 at 11:24 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
karen

I thought she "turned her life around", and "took responsibility" several years ago.

April 27 2011 at 8:46 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply