April 21, 2014

Is My Show Safe? A Guide to Canceled and Returning Series

by Chris Harnick, posted Apr 28th 2011 12:00PM
NetworksUpdated May 18
As finale time approaches, it's time to check in on the status of our beloved shows.

Which shows are canceled? Which shows are on the bubble? How many shows have been renewed already? We've got your up-to-date guide on all things renewal for the five major networks: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and The CW.

Check out the full lists below, broken down into six categories: renewed, likely to be picked up, on the bubble, too early to tell, as good as dead and canceled.

Be sure to bookmark this page, we'll be updating as more news breaks.

ABC

'Rules of Engagement'
'Undercover Boss'
'Survivor'
'Two and a Half Men'

CANCELED
'Chaos'
'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior'
'The Defenders'

'Parks & Recreation'

CANCELED
'The Cape'
'Chase'
'The Event'
'Friday Night Lights'
'Law & Order: Los Angeles'
'Outsourced'
'The Paul Reiser Show'
'Perfect Couples'

The Vampire DiariesTHE CW
RENEWED
'90210'
'America's Next Top Model'
'Gossip Girl'
'The Vampire Diaries'
'Supernatural'
'Nikita'
'One Tree Hill'

CANCELED
'Hellcats'
'Life Unexpected'
'Smallville'

Nathel

I read somewhere on the computer that Harry's Law was cancelled, but i see that it has been renewed. I hope it is renewed as it is a good show and love Kathy Bates. Was a Gifted Man cancelled? Love that show also. Please tell me they have not been cancelled.

May 12 2012 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carolynrao

I certainly hope A gifted man is NOT cancelled. The acting is great the story lines are excellent. Good family watching.ad very informative. DO NOT CANCEl . GREAT Show. Carolyn from Boston

March 15 2012 at 9:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
baja125w

Is A Gifted Man, being cancelled? We sure hope not! We love Patrick. I did not see this show listed yes or no???

March 11 2012 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charitywing

i wish that they would bring back 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior' i want to know what happens next.

February 13 2012 at 9:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jennym6418

I want more Brothers and Sisters It can't end there....

September 15 2011 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luv2beegrandma

I would like to know if the lady in the wal-mart commercial with her little boy is KALIA from big brothers -they look the same with the curly hair.
This is a good thing meaning work after the big brother final show.

August 30 2011 at 6:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dwatk92740

My daughter and I loved "Lie To Me", this was a good show with values. As far as the TV networks go I think they are becoming like our politicians, they chose not to listen to the people!

August 27 2011 at 9:05 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dwatk92740's comment
Kamakazi

I would watch it with my sister and my mom too! I just found out recently that some people call those type of shows serialized shows because they don't follow a set formula and actually make you think. But I love it! Try checking out the seriable. com. You may be able to find some other shows you may want to watch. good luck!

March 09 2012 at 3:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sjscgb

human target, the defenders, lie to me, chicago code, chaos, detroit 187, my favorite tv the only shows left on the 4 networks are svu, criminal minds, and david caruso..otherwise long live usa, tnt, and fx flashpoint is brilliant whats status? burn notice forever!

July 28 2011 at 5:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruth & Corky

I LOVE Brothers and Sisters. It is a well-written script and a great cast. Please,Please keep it on T.V.. It is a shame that you are considering removing it. Possibly a different day or time will help to keep it on T,V.

June 25 2011 at 6:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kmsclaxon

Please, please don't take off Brothers and Sisters, take off some dumb half hour sit coms. I will really miss Brothers and Sisters, the acting and format were so good.

June 02 2011 at 10:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply