October 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Haley Reinhart Gives a 'Beautiful' Performance on 'American Idol' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 28th 2011 12:16AM
Haley Reinhart, 'American Idol'It was a match made in heaven this week on 'American Idol' (Wed., 8PM ET on FOX) with the songs of Carole King. Haley Reinhart's vocal stylings are perfectly suited for the music of King, and she proved it twice this week.

First, she and Casey Abrams teased us about their possible-relationship in a heartfelt, bluesy duet. Then later, Reinhart proved she was 'Beautiful' in her own right. She showcased her growing confidence with a great performance, but the panel was mixed.

"I heard God in your voice," Steven Tyler said. "You nailed it just now."

But Randy Jackson wasn't as impressed. "I didn't love the beginning," he said, which led to a disagreement with Lopez, who loved her interpretation of the lyrics. Though it was given to Haley by Jimmy Iovine and Babyface, but she totally owned it.

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on FOX.

whitwatr

Haley has a unique, terrific voice and stage presence. She definitely has the jazzy blues thing down and she rocked the house with the late Janis Joplins, Piece of My Heart, with that said I think and hope we hear and see Haley Reinhart for a very long time whether or not she wins AI. Good Luck Baby if your reading this Haley. I'm a fan for life

May 01 2011 at 8:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christina

It's time for Hailey to go Home with her Pitchy voice Lauren Alania willl win and second place James Durban

April 28 2011 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dr Uro

Its;'s between you and James. I suggested a song to him, and so I would like to suggest, I Feel Love, for you

April 28 2011 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne

I hope Haley wind A I. She is the complete package with a great voice! I am rooting for you Haley!

April 28 2011 at 12:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne

I hope Haley wind AI. She is the complete package with a great voice! I am rooting for you Haley!

April 28 2011 at 12:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pete

haley!!! Keep up that great work and criticism is gonna backfire into great sucess
Haley Nation!!!!

April 28 2011 at 10:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NOELLE

Love Haley and her stylish ways--so talented and brave--not afraid to try new things!
She is a STAR--