August 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Mob Wives' Admit Their Families Aren't Thrilled With Reality Show (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Apr 28th 2011 1:45PM
'Mob Wives' Admit Their Families Aren't Thrilled With Reality ShowThe ladies of 'Mob Wives' appeared on 'The Wendy Williams Show' (weekdays, syndicated) and explained how their families feel about the VH1 reality show. Not surprisingly, two of the women said their mobster relatives weren't exactly thrilled with the idea.

"Was it hard to get your men to sign off on doing this show?" asked Wendy Williams. "Like, who approaches a mob wife about doing a reality show?"

"My father has a tough time with it," said Karen Gravano, daughter of Sammy "The Bull" Gravano, the former mob boss who helped take down John Gotti. "I mean, I think he feels that this is his lifestyle, but he definitely supports me and understands why I'm doing it ... But I don't think he's 100 percent happy with the show."

Renee Graziano, ex-wife to a high-ranking mobster, and daughter of Anthony Graziano, the reputed consigliere in the Bonnano crime family, likewise said her family had a difficult time with the notion of a reality show.

"My father definitely isn't happy with my decision to do it. But my ex-husband, I think he supports me for the simple reason that he knows that I'm trying to come out with my own identity," said Graziano. "So, he went along with it ... after a while of begging. "

Julie finton

To all the pained Italian-americans on this board... Do NOT worry. Nobody but an idiot would imagine that the grotesque beings on these shows were representative in any way of Italian culture generally. (And one of the women is Albanian.. just proving that gangster culture transcends ethnicity.)

May 21 2011 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curious

HaHaHa Gravano becomes an F.B.I. informant, another robs a bank and gets caught!! They should call themselves "idiots wives" and realize how damn stupid they look and sound. Between the Sopranos, Jersey Shore and now this we REAL Italians are embarrassed to no end. There are many good Italians who have contributed to society without making assess of themselves.

April 30 2011 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ellazls

I cant stand when tv shows stero type italians like that I am 100% italian first geration born here and yes some people in my family do have mob ties also but Im not flauting it on tv. Most italians work their a$$ off to be normal in this society. This crap and the jersey shore isnt a typical italian in the united states their mostly the trashy new jersey and new york people who bring italians down in society. Its good to be proud but their just making us look like fools.

April 30 2011 at 1:38 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
shamrocks525

the 1 who is married 2 the gangstar who robbed a bank does not even have a ounce of itlanio in her lmao

April 30 2011 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

Where the hell do these women get the money for their lavish homes and clothes? Who's paying the bills?
Nothing like "honoring" families whose relatives killed and extorted money from people of their own kind.
A movie is one thing but glamorizing the fruits of organized crime is another. These women sure don't look like they are lacking or being deprived of anything. This is one show that should be cancelled. Just another nail in the coffin for the good Italian American's.

April 30 2011 at 1:03 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Steve's comment
Kate

I agree with every single word that you have written.I have NEVER blogged before about anything but I am
sick inside to think they have found another way to get paid for just being closely associated with organized criminals. I will no longer watch anything on VH1 -maybe those executives are connected? How else would they have made the contacts necessary to create the this show . I miss positive entertainment and I think Italian American's need and DESERVE a good role model to step up and make some noise.

May 24 2011 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Who Me

Being 100% Sicilian and having been raised in Brooklyn, N.Y. and moved to Todt Hill on Staten island and am totally familiar with all 5 Families, I can definitely say these "mob wives" do NOT represent a "real" mob wife. These pigs are flash & trash and big mouthed bimbos who are starving for attention. What kind of "mob guy" robs a freaking bank? DUH!!!!!! A total embarrassment to any Italian mobbed up or not.

April 30 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Who Me

Who the heck would want to be identified as a "mob wife" except some attention grabbing unintelligent bimbo, especially when their husbands are serving jail sentences Duh? Mob guys now rob banks? Pathetic losers and ugly to boot

April 30 2011 at 11:57 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
bobrav

Scum.

April 30 2011 at 11:54 AM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
leogeee

U betta watcha-watch.

April 30 2011 at 11:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cooper

What's next? Crackhead wives, prostitute wives,wives of child molesters? Where does it end? Networks are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to glamorize this scum.

April 30 2011 at 11:16 AM Report abuse +9 rate up rate down Reply