October 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Sharon Osbourne Says the Queen Was Not Amused by Ozzy's Music (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Apr 28th 2011 11:45AM
Sharon Osbourne Says the Queen Was Not Amused by Ozzy's MusicHaving met the British royal family, Sharon Osbourne of 'The Talk' is probably in a better position than most to say what the royals are really like. On 'The Early Show' (weekdays, 7AM ET on CBS), she described the younger members of the royal family as "approachable," but said the older generation tends to be a bit more "old-school."

"William and Harry and Camilla are not what you would think. You can have a real good laugh with them. They're very, very approachable people," said Osbourne, adding that Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip are "what you would imagine. They're very old-school, very traditional."

In fact, Osbourne said that the Queen didn't seem very amused by husband Ozzy's head-banging music during a performance. "I don't think the Queen likes it too much, because I think after the last time he performed before her, she didn't say very much," Osbourne said. "So, I think it was a bit much for her."

alfredschrader

Okay, here is some insider info: The Royals mostly sit on their thrones, sit in their carriages, sit for Royal Banquets, sit for weddings. Mostly, they just sit. Elizabeth II did actually get her likeness on the Canadian Quarter, I've seen it there. No really. The two significant people in this are Charles Darwin & Sir Isaac Newton who are buried at Westminster Abbey and did actually get up and achieve something. Ozzy is a musical genius. My grandmother was from Yorkshire, England & I play guitar, perform. My Aunt Lena & couzin Reggie are also from England but as an English insider I can tell you that those people over there are whack jobs. They eat disgusting foods like blood and kidney pie. It's nasty and they are just plain goofy. I mean goofy. I'm glad I was NOT invited. My English roots are important, but I thank God for our founding fathers & freedom from those goofballs...Alfie-

April 30 2011 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thrift Store

Nomadbud .....What do you expect Obama and his wife embarrased the United States and made all Americans look like idiots when the both disrespected the queen during there visit there

April 30 2011 at 1:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
NomadBud

The Osbourne went to the wedding but the Obama's couldnt . what a smack in the face LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

April 30 2011 at 12:43 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to NomadBud's comment
mdunham227

I used to admire Sharon Osbornes frankness, but now that she has gotten her last plastic surgery on her face, she is exagerating everthing she says with more brasiness and posing. She doesn't need to do this. Her plastic surgeon should get an academy award.

April 30 2011 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda K

Being 85 years old, the Queen behaves in the same manner as was expected when she was younger. I think she is very regal and classy. When William becomes King, some things will change, as they should. Hopefully though, William and Kate will show more class than his father, Diana, and Camilla. Don't get me wrong - I liked Diana, but they all engaged in adultery, which is everything but classy.

April 30 2011 at 11:06 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Linda K's comment
CaDreamer7

I agree with you 100% although I prefer to give Diana the benefit of the doubt as they say. I am inclined to believe that she would not have committed adultery if she had been treated properly by her husband. I put her death at the feet of Camilla and Charles.

April 30 2011 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
urbansurfer1337

Duh! Would your Great Grandma enjoy Ozzies music? If she actually sat through a performance, then give her credit.

April 30 2011 at 10:32 AM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
Cousin

Who really gives a rats azz !

April 30 2011 at 10:29 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Angela

I don't know. Being a Queen is a demanding, full-time job and sometimes it's got to get a little... you know. Anyway, I suspect the Queen is cooler than most people think. Personally, I see Her Majesty going into a quiet room once in awhile, kicking off her shoes, pushing her tiara a little lopsided on her head, sipping a bit of good sherry and listening to Ozzy's "Crazy Train." (I'm going off the rails on a crazy train!).

April 30 2011 at 10:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
budandsally123

Ozzie and his wife, though to a lesser extent, are trash as are so many preformers today.

April 30 2011 at 10:07 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
BobaLou

Decorum, class and respect have become "old fashioned". Pity. There was a time the likes of Ozzie or Lady gaga would have been imprisoned for approaching he Queen; I long for those times.

April 30 2011 at 9:42 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply