April 18, 2014

Fox Pulls Hurricane-Themed 'Family Guy,' 'American Dad' & 'Cleveland Show' Crossover

by Chris Harnick, posted Apr 29th 2011 5:45PM
Family GuyAfter a string of storms and tornadoes left a path of destruction throughout the South, Fox is pulling the hurricane-themed crossover episodes of 'Family Guy,' 'American Dad' and 'The Cleveland Show' from its schedule.

"In light of the recent storms that have affected the nation, Fox has decided to postpone the crossover episodes that were originally scheduled to air this Sunday," the network said in a statement.

No word on when the Seth MacFarlane shows will air.

The network announced the crossover in October of 2010 and continued to hype the event for the last week.

The tornado death toll is currently over 300, the highest its been since the 1930s.

Nathaniel Richmond

What happened in that region is a tragedy, and even though I was not able to watch the new episodes I am happy FOX decided to pull those shows around that time because it would have probably been less funny seeing how this would have been too soon in my opinion. Good news is DISH Network has TV everywhere I can go and watch previous episodes of Family Guy, Cleveland Show, American Dad, and Simpsons that is recorded on my DVR at any plus live TV. Being a DISH Network employee I can tell you all of your programming that you subscribe to you can watch on your mobile device like Smartphone, Tablets, and Laptops. Come and check this out www.dish.com.

May 26 2011 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chante Smith

the timing was bad.

May 02 2011 at 11:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
billyblaq

Man, how does FOX decide what's offensive or what's too offensive? Have you seen Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show? Every character on those shows do something that's offensive every episode. I can't believe FOX isn't going to air a television program because of a storm. That's offensive? Inclement weather is something that offends people now? If you find mother nature offensive, you probably should kill yourself because she ain't going nowhere. A double negative!!! Now that's offensive.

May 02 2011 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shadowracer

The people that watch these shows don't get offended that easily.
Seriously each episode has something entirely offensive each and every week, and this one is just coincidence, its not meant to be hurtful.

They would have to cite my by name, draw me in exact detail, and point out things that only I know I'm insecure about for me to be a little upset about the shows.

April 30 2011 at 1:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony DiMeo

this is so stupid just because the same thing that happened in the south is going to happen in a comedy show people can't see it thats just dumb

April 29 2011 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply