'Something Pitchy:' Who Is Voting for Jacob Lusk?! Will Jimmy Iovine Judge Next Season?

by Hilary Rothing, posted Apr 29th 2011 1:17AM
After some technical issues last night, we're back for a super-Pitchy discussion of the Top 6 performances and tonight's elimination results. And with Casey Abrams gone, we're left to wonder just who Jacob Lusk's fanbase is? Make yourselves known!

Also on our minds, tonight, is Jimmy Iovine's growing role on 'Idol.' Will he be back as a judge next season? And what's up with Randy's hot and cold attitude about Haley Reinhart? Find out what I, Rickey Yaneza (Rickey.org) and MJ Santilli (MJ's Big Blog) have to say about all the 'Idol' issues of the day in this post-Top 6 edition of AOL's 'American Idol' talk show, 'Something Pitchy!'

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on FOX.

Ranique

I am a fan of Jacob and I enjoy Scotty and Lauren as well but with all honesty I FEEL THAT JACOB HELD BACK DUE THE WRONG GUIDANCE AND INSULTING AND DOUBTFUL FEEDBACK HE RECEIVED FROM "that guy JIMMY'' BUT THATS OK BECAUSE JACOB GOT A HIGHER POWER THAN THIS AND IT IS '' JESUS '" AND HE WILL SOON PROSPER BECAUSE OF HIS KINDNESS AND HIS LOVE FOR CHRIST AS WELL AS FOR OTHERS.

May 05 2011 at 9:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blue Hen Mary

I am a Jacob fan. I think he has the most talent of anyone in the group. I also like Scotty and Lauren. I was delighted to see Casey go and only hope that Haley will be next.

May 01 2011 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
avrohama

Jacob will be gone this week and join the dustbin of idol history never to be heard of again.

April 30 2011 at 9:50 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Joanne Lindsey

I am a Jacob fan..and PROUD OF IT!! I love the way he sings. He has plenty of stage presence, more so than some others. I guess you think Scott McLeery has stage presence? He is the only one I see that just sits or stands there. Jacob has a lot of fans. Everyone that watches Idol aren't on the internet. While you are on the internet posting your garbage about Jacob, his fans are voting. Get over yourselves!!

April 30 2011 at 7:39 AM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Joanne Lindsey's comment
SimbiAni

..no need to insult Scotty just to defend Jacob! Clearly you didn't watch the video, they're not (not usually) fans of Scotty either. Personally, *I* like any/all of the contestants when they're interacting with each other, that's when their chemistry shines the best!

April 30 2011 at 10:08 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
josh

I am a huge fan of Jacob! He is amazing! I feel more from him than any other of the wannabes. He reminds me of Jennifer Holiday! I love how he cares so much about every note he sings! Everyone is boring compared to him!

April 29 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Jacob can sing or he wouldn't be there. But he is nowhere the performer or as talented as Casey. Jacob like Pia does not carry the stage presence of the other contestants. Seriously consider this, would you spend your hard eraned money to go to a concert and watch the performer stand in on place all thru the concert. No, it makes for a very boring concert.

April 29 2011 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rtho1125

This is so stupid he was really good Scott is awsome also ! they should be first and second place. Makes you wonder! Anyway he will be hot here after!

April 29 2011 at 11:35 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dida18

jakob sings horrible. hes pitchy and out of tune. it really bothered me last night that he made it through. no way he doesnt deserve it. aghhhe hhh what fan base. he has none, its irritating!!!!! poor casey, u didnt deserve to go. i don't think you would have won it, but u didnt deserve to go :(

April 29 2011 at 8:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dida18's comment
josh

i voted for Jacob! Just because you didn't doesn't mean he has no fan base!

April 29 2011 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sam h

Speaking of Jacob's appearance, have any of you looked at yourselves?

April 29 2011 at 8:42 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to sam h's comment
somethingpitchy

Honey, we ain't on national TV trying to get millions of votes! Tell me you would go out in public with that suit on!

April 29 2011 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to somethingpitchy's comment
sam h

It was not a suit. It was sportswear. He was being fashion forward with the preppy look, which is the spring trend in men's fashion. Yes I would wear the outfit. It was fun and it got a lot of attention. BTW, he is still there in spite of what Jimmy said.

April 30 2011 at 12:12 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down
somethingpitchy

April 29 2011 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sam h

By asking who Jacob's fan base is, is really a self indulgent myopic view of the music industry. There is still an audience for R&B and gospel out there. Get over yourselves!

April 29 2011 at 8:35 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply