November 28, 2014

Soap News: Cady McClain Comes Back to 'All My Children' ... Again

by Allison Waldman, posted May 2nd 2011 1:45PM
All My Children's Cady McClainBefore 'All My Children' comes to a close in September 2011, one long-time favorite will be back for another stint on the show. Actress Cady McClain is slated to reprise the role of Dixie one more time. McClain's deal was done prior to Frons' decision, so it's likely not a return tied in to wrapping up storylines on 'AMC.'

In her last return to Pine Valley in April 2010, McClain's Dixie was seen escorting Uncle Palmer to Heaven. That's because Dixie was killed off in 2007 at the hands of a serial killer.

Therefore, for this upcoming visit, and considering the current plotlines, Dixie might turn up as an apparition.

She might have some advice for Tad as he tries to come to terms with his new love, Cara.

Could Sony Find Another Home for Canceled Soaps?
The distribution company behind 'The Young and the Restless' and 'Days of Our Lives,' Sony Pictures TV, might pick up 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live.' At least that's one rumor spreading through the business since ABC posting closing notices for those long-time daytime dramas. Reportedly, Sony would like to exploit the international possibilities of 'AMC' and 'OLTL,' an area that ABC hasn't pursued as aggressively as other companies. As AOL TV reported earlier in the week, the idea of saving soaps is often visited but rarely followed through.

On the Other Hand ...
There's a strong possibility that Sony may not want 'AMC' and 'OLTL' completely, just some of the parts. Or should I say, some of the talent. As AOL TV reported this week, 'AMC' actors Debbi Morgan (Angie) and Jacob Young (JR) and 'OLTL's' Gina Tognoni (Kelly) and Josh Kelly (Cutter) were coveted by 'Days' and 'Y&R.'

All My ChildrenWhile a likely scenario on the surface, Vincent Irizarry questioned the validity of the story. The Emmy winner, who plays David on 'AMC,' wrote on his Facebook page: "All I can say is I've checked with several actors on my show and at this point [the rumors] appear to be nothing but rumors. Wish I had more positive news to share, but that's all I know about this ... " Irizarry also had doubts about Sony picking up either 'AMC' or 'OLTL.'

So, soap fans, I'd say the smart move right now is to wait and see. AOL TV will keep you up to date about all the rumors, as well as any real developments.

What About Kaye?
Recently, we reported that actor Thorsten Kaye might be returning to 'OLTL,' perhaps to write a happy ending for Susan Haskell's character, Marty. Well, Kaye seems to have an ABC return in mind, but not on 'OLTL.'

Kaye told Michael Fairman that he's been asked back to 'AMC' where he could tie up the loose ends in Kendall's storyline. Thorsten explained, "I am very open to going back and finishing this up the right way. I would like to be there when the fat lady sings. I wasn't aware the fat lady was warming up, and frankly I think it's too soon for her to be singing, but here we are. ... I would certainly like to be part of the ending."

New Face on 'OLTL'
There will be a new man in Llanview this June ... a sexy, hot new man. Actor Barret Helms has joined 'OLTL' as Baz, a college student who gets a job at The Banner and stirs up from action. He'll be interning at the newspaper, crossing paths with Kelly and Todd. But that's not all. Baz is reportedly connected to someone else in Llanview.

By the way, Helms is relatively unknown, but he did make a splash in the 2010 hit 'Precious.'

Kay Mitchell

The only things worth watching on TV anymore are soaps and sports. Otherwise most of it is junk. I had watched As The World Turns for over 50 years and now that that has been cancelled I quit watching CBS at that time as game shows do nothing for me.

May 05 2011 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dee

my kids are going to be mad but i am canceling all my disney chanels from my cable company i will not support any company that does business like abc/disney i thought they were there For the purpose of satisifing all viewers not a small amount of viewers that like stupid talk shows in my oppion there are to many of these now and all this talk about people between18-49 NOT wanting to watch these shows is just not true we watch them maybe not at 11am we dvr watch soapnet watch them online i look foward every night to put my kids to bed and watch my soaps online or on soapnet as a single mother this is my only ME TIME TO RELAX AND ESCAPE INTO PINE VALLEY AND LANDVIEW, PLEASE DOnT TAKE THIS AWAY IT IS ALL I WATCH ON TV ALL DAY.These soaps have long time viewers of all ages frrom teen-senior citizens ,why does abc make such a big deal about age any way it is just a number .But the soaps do have younger viewers also my daughter in middle school loves to watch Star Dani James Ford one lifre to live PLEASE SONY SAVE OUR SOAPS.

May 04 2011 at 6:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dee

please pleasse save our soaps as you can see soap ,operas are not dead just abc is they have let us know they are not here to satisfy the veiwers all they care about is to save money on production and make the exs at abc more money they could care less about what the viewers want they have really made bad business decisions so i am through with abc i will not even watch the news on their local chane l8 anymore.i am between the age of 18-49 as they is the target viewing group as i speak for myself and others that i have spoken to my age we love the soaps we want drama no body wants to watch another boring cooking or reality show the view sucks.please sony take these shows i know you will not be sorry.i only watch 2 shows on abc oltl and all my children they said oltl tied for second place this week what does that tell tou we are out here i would like to know who abc polled to say they wantednthose loser shows on .it was most likley a lie

May 04 2011 at 6:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pammyjo

OH MY GOSH......SONY YOU ARE THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS........................Please do take over these soap operas.....I don't know what I will do with out AMC.......Once AMC is over on ABC I am so done with that station.....I
refuse to watch anything on that station....they don"t care about the fans so I don't care about them I hope ABC goes under....and loses a ton of money...obviously that is all they care about.... You will not be sorry for taking them over......you can see how many fans there are.....thank you thank you a million times over.........

May 03 2011 at 12:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dotlhs56

I can only pray that Sony will pick up both soaps on American soil. I wish them good luck on the international front as long as we retain AMC and OLTL here. There will be nothing to watch on tv at times without the soaps. Reality shows stink. Talk shows are okay in part but not my cup of tea. Please, Sony.

May 03 2011 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
smr1004

Even if just a rumor, it is exciting to think that there MAY be a possibility yet that AMC will continue. This show is better now than it's ever been and it would be a shame to cancel it. The demographic of 18-49 year olds is the wrong age group to poll. I think if you did a 55 and over group, you would find this show is much more popular than you think. Don't count us seniors out - we're not dead yet!!! Please, please keep this show on the air.

May 03 2011 at 9:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

The dead comming back time and again is the reason i quit watching soaps!!!!

May 03 2011 at 9:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gumbyspal

I have been with AMC since the beginning and have always wanted a happy ending for Tad and DIxie. What a shame it will be if they bring Dixie back as a spirit to wish Tad and Cara happiness. Cara is just a newbie to the program and I have never liked her with Tad. There just is NO ONE for Tad but Dixie. Too many years of watching to be so horribly disappointed in the end. Also, please let there be a happy ending for Kendall and Zach. What a great couple they are, and they deserve a happy ending with the boys. Just PLEASE bring Dixie back alive for Tad and Kate, just don't think the fans can stand another disappointing ending for them.

May 03 2011 at 8:44 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
mltrdr

I have to wonder if al lthe people behind the cancelation are aware of how many people DVR these soaps. They might think they have lost there crowd, but by just reading the internet, I would say they are going to miss out.l How many people are going to not watch these soaps over "yet more reality" I don't think they are making wise decisions......

May 03 2011 at 8:41 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply