July 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'The Amazing Race 18' Final Four Revealed: Which Team Was Eliminated? (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 2nd 2011 12:17AM
Phil Keoghan, 'The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business'The penultimate episode of 'The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business' (Sun., 8PM ET on CBS) saw one of the five remaining competitors make a terrible mistake. It's very important on the Race to ensure that you read all of your clues very carefully. Failure to do so can lead to penalties at the mat.

Last week, people were upset at what they saw as cheating between several teams in one of the challenges. There were no penalties last week, which would seem to indicate that sharing answers wasn't explicitly against the rules of the challenge.

This week's slip-up, though, was much more simple. It was a simple matter of how to get from one point to the next. In big black letters the clue said quite clearly to travel on foot. Not everyone did so.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Kent and Vyxsin, who were probably too busy bickering and complaining to bother to read carefully, panicked and picked up a cab. It was on the way to the Pit Stop that they made this mistake, so there was no chance to make up lost time after they incurred a 30-minute penalty.

This took the couple from third place to last and elimination from the Race. Next week is the two-hour finale meaning a winner will be crowned.

Who do you think will win 'The Amazing Race'?
Flight Time and Big Easy1133 (27.6%)
Kisha and Jen409 (9.9%)
Gary and Mallory1349 (32.8%)
Zev and Justin1221 (29.7%)

Emily

I agree with Terri and Janie and the rest. The cowboys were cheated no matter what anyone else says. I stopped watching that week and will not watch ever again, unless they bring the cowboys back. I would rather watch cartoons that show ever again.

May 05 2011 at 11:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kjellyson1

What I want to know is why Zev and Justin didnt get penalized when they left the legs of the "person" burried in the snow? Gary and Mallory dug them out. And did anyone notice that the camera man made a big show of the half a body when they left? Like they were going to get penalized? I really expected that. Not that I care that Kent and Vixen are gone...though maybe if they would have won, Vixen would have taken her half and dumped Kent to go find a REAL man.

I also miss the cowboys. :(

May 04 2011 at 12:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janie

I think the cowboys should be given another chance, they should never have been eliminated. They played the game fair and by the rules. The others cheat and are awarded for it? If you're going to say follow the clue to the letter, then make everyone do it all the time. I too don't care who wins now. The game is no longer my favorite show and I can see alot of people agree with me. Wake up and play fair!

May 02 2011 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tmaeritter

The cowboys were hated by the other teams from the git go and there was cheating last week because it did say you had to retrace the whole route if you didn't have the right answer. THRILLED beyond words that the goths are gone! His whining was more than I could take and the chocolate stealing really? No penalty? that was a ripe off.

May 02 2011 at 1:24 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
Queen Terri

I don't really care who wins. Once the cowboys left the competition due to an unfair Uturn by the Globetrotters, I totally lost interest. I don't care for any of the remaining teams who are whiny, bitchy, argumentative, or bullying.

May 02 2011 at 1:16 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Darin

So glad the Goths got eliminated last night...He's was such a wimp and made his girlfriend do most of the hard work..Just complained most of the time...Good bye Kent and Vixen!!!

May 02 2011 at 12:45 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
jsa750k

Thank god we dont have to listen to kent the worlds biggest *****,anymore. vixsyn should just beat his ass and shut him up. I'm sure she wears the penis in that family.

May 02 2011 at 11:24 AM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
lcberry2

It's not the same without the cowboys, I think the sharing of info should of have been part of the rules.I felt they got cheated.

May 02 2011 at 11:15 AM Report abuse +7 rate up rate down Reply
John Steib

I agree totally with Dennis and Janice! Nobody left to pull for. Most seem to be idiots! Sharing information / answers is just stupid - not to mention, inappropriate.

May 02 2011 at 10:37 AM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
Dennis&Janice

Will not watch the show anymore. The cheating that eliminated the cowboys was over the top and made the show look fixed.

May 02 2011 at 9:38 AM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Dennis&Janice's comment
Michael

I was also upset that the basketball players were not penalized. The clue said that if their answer was wrong they had to go back to the start line and retrace the route which they did not do. HOWEVER, I don't think it would have made a difference. The cowboys came in more than 30 minutes behind the basketball players. They were entertaining but they made far too many silly mistakes along the way.

May 02 2011 at 10:24 AM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply