December 20, 2014

'Army Wives' Gets Season 6 Renewal

by Chris Harnick, posted May 3rd 2011 1:30PM
Army Wives'Army Wives,' a ratings hit for Lifetime, has been renewed for a sixth season. Season 6 will have 13 episodes.

In its fifth season, 'Army Wives' has posted series highs, 4.8 million viewers, way up from its previous seasons.

According to Deadline, 'Army Wives' is the top-rated cable drama amongst 18-49. The series stars Kim Delaney, Catherine Bell, Sally Pressman, Brigid Brannagh, Brian McNamara, Sterling K. Brown, Wendy Davis, Drew Fuller and Terry Serpico.

Lifetime has also ordered 'Modern Love,' a pilot based on the popular New York Times column. The show would feature actual stories from the print column weaved into the scripted elements.

The pilot follows science editor Simon McElvane, a newspaper man with a deteriorating marriage and an adopted 15-year-old daughter. The character gets handed the job of editing the love column, which in turn helps him navigate his life.

'Sex and the City' Jenny Bicks will executive produce the series.

Tell us: Are you excited to have 'Army Wives' back for a new season?

Oretha Hambrick-Harr

I love Army Wives and can't wait for the new season to begin.

January 10 2013 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melody Barkley

I am so ready for Army Wifes to return. It is the best. So glad they are going to be back.

December 24 2012 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rksracn

I am sooo glad that "Army Wives" is being renewed!!!! When I heard it may not be renewed, I was devastated ... I felt like my family was being deployed - knowing they'd never return! I am so happy! Please, as a gratitude to our military and their families, keep "Army Wives" going for many seasons to come.

October 08 2012 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charlene Watley

I have been waiting for Army Wives to return. I am a Army Mom with 2 son's in the Army.

March 02 2012 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy Gayer Maassen

I can't wait for Army Wives to start. Wish they would be on in the Fall and have more than 13 episodes! This is the best show on TV by far! Love it.

January 27 2012 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fern

I am very happy to see that Army Wives is coming back this year. It is one of the best cable series on the network and deserves many accolades. The cast is excellent and the best. Also, I saw the story on Drew Peterson on the Lifetime Network. Rob Lowe played the role of this detective very well. Keep up the goodwork with movies on the movie network. I am a dedicated fan of lifetime movie network and will continue to watch it.

January 26 2012 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fern

January 26 2012 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janet

Ilove army wives and I want to know when it is coming back on tv can someone let me know

January 15 2012 at 5:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janet

I love army wives and can't wait for it to come back on tv and when is it coming back on can someone let me know.

January 15 2012 at 5:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply