November 27, 2014

No Katie Couric Talk Show for CBS

by Chris Harnick, posted May 4th 2011 4:00PM
Katie CouricKatie Couric won't be staying in business with CBS after all. According to TV Guide, CBS no longer has a syndicated talk show offer on the table with the outgoing 'CBS Evening News' anchor.

Couric reportedly was in talks with the network for the daytime series, but negotiations broke down regarding how big a role she'd have at CBS News.

CBS's plan had Couric maintaining a presence at '60 Minutes' and 'CBS Sunday Morning.' However, Couric was offered a deal at ABC that gave her a wider role on the network, including the 2012 presidential election coverage and prime-time specials.

Couric is signed with CBS News until June, so the network could still offer her a deal before then. However, it's looking like ABC could be Couric's new home.

Scott Pelley of '60 Minutes' will replace Couric on 'CBS Evening News.'
Couric has been with CBS since 2006. Prior to joining CBS, Couric was a mainstay on NBC's 'Today.'

Wherever Couric's talk show lands, it won't debut until 2012. But if she accepts the deal with ABC, she could start appearing on the network as soon as her contract with CBS is finished.

Tell us: Do you want to see Katie Couric host a daytime talk show?

Ann

I'm very disappointed that Katie dose not have that "Talk Show." Of course, I would watch her no matter what show she is on. I have always liked Katie, I have always thought Katie is really good. Oh, yes, I will surely be watching Katie.
Delaware,
LadyLuv438

"Good Luck to you Katie"...............And, May God Always Bless You.

June 06 2011 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
butterfli1930@ao

dont like her for the news, she is the rudest news anchor since Dan Rather

May 06 2011 at 8:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
topome

I can't stand her on CBS..........why in the world would I watch her talk show?

May 06 2011 at 8:04 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Mary Jo

I'll watch Katie Couric wherever and whenever she's on.

May 06 2011 at 6:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
~*CACAS1216*~

I will never watch her show. I have been watching General Hospital for 25 years I would be so upset if ABC cancelled general hospital. Put her on NBC NOT ABC!!!!!!

May 05 2011 at 11:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Jen

I as well will be boycotting ABC if All My Children truly cancelled. It will be a good time to learn to do other things than watch TV.

May 05 2011 at 8:31 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
hibo22

ABC please don't ruin a good thing by hiring Katie Couric to do anything for your network. We have stayed with ABC for a good reason: Katie was on CBS! Please don't make a huge mistake in hiring her. CBS is letting her go for a reason...low ratings. Think about it!!

May 05 2011 at 8:00 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to hibo22's comment
basketsbylynda

EXACTLY! What the "H" is ABC thinking? Katies ratings were always low at CBS. They will be even lower at ABC as all ABC soap fans will be boycotting anything that replaces the soaps! WAKE UP ABC!!!!

May 06 2011 at 1:47 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jahsjh

What we really need is another talk show, gee even another reality show...I don't watch any of them...I sure am glad I still have the Hallmark channel...I didn't hear anything about General Hospital going off the air...I do watch the soaps...

May 05 2011 at 7:15 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
lamusearch

I do not want to see Katie on ABC especially if General Hospital is canceled!!!

May 05 2011 at 7:08 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Tom

She is not qualified to head any serious news show...would never watch her may day would be better spent watching my grass grow..I don't know how she even got job to begin with, well maybe I can guess..she is a fluff piece and a twit. A public colonoscopy does not a good journalist make...

May 05 2011 at 6:02 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply