November 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Makeover Week Is Full of Surprises, And Tim Gunn, on 'The Biggest Loser' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 4th 2011 1:19AM
Tim Gunn, 'The Biggest Loser'"Makeover Week" is always a highlight of 'The Biggest Loser' (Tue., 8PM ET on NBC). It's great to see all the blood, sweat and tears the contestants have poured into their workouts pay off with fantastic new looks. Plus, those emotional reunions with loved ones who are always stunned at the beautiful transformations.

With a double-elimination last week, there were only five contestants to fix up this week, and it was a good thing too as they only had an hour to get through this episode.

That's one hour for a makeover with Tim Gunn -- their self-stylized fairy godfather -- a concert from One Republic, a car challenge and a memorable weigh-in.

As a party of the fairytale theme of the makeovers, this time around, Gunn told the contestants they would be getting three gifts. The first was the makeovers themselves. The second was their loved ones and that impromptu concert performance. The third they had to wait for.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Gunn didn't reappear until after everyone had weighed in. The results saw Olivia push her sister Hannah below the yellow line with Jay. Jay was convinced it was his time to go and that his second chance would be over. But then Tim Gunn appeared.

"Your fairy godfather promised you three gifts," he said. "The first was your incredible makeover, The second was your family member, and the third ... No one's going home this week."

Probably this gift was bestowed upon them because Rulon quit last week, which would have thrown off the show's schedule. It made sense to reward them on a week when the makeovers impacted their workouts. Really, only Austin and Olivia had good weeks.

Olivia, as she promised earlier in the season, reached her 100-pounds lost plateau and in so doing gave an impromptu opera performance right there on the scale. No more would she be relegated to the funny characters or the fat witches. She was going to go for the beautiful leads when she got back home.

"She sings like an angel," Bob Harper said. "I was getting choked up. I found myself just being so moved by her."

It was certainly a feel-good hour. Now, though, the gloves are off as next week will determine who makes up the Final Four. Who deserves to be there? Who deserves to win the whole thing?

Watch the full episode here:

Gwen

I stopped watching this show last season. I just can't get into it anymore but I always loved the make over episodes.

May 04 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doliver832

It's all about me Olivia, hopefully her and her sister drop below the line and the rest dump Olivia. Her sister is cool

May 04 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to doliver832's comment
utjazgal2

Yep, I so agree. I loved her until the show she gave the big sob story about a family so she could stay, and then Moses went instead being the man that he is. She is at her goal weight, he is not. Since then she has shown her selfish, it's all about me side. I hope she goes... soon.

May 04 2011 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sabra505

Oh, please

May 04 2011 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Big Jim

I was fascinated by Olivia's voice. I just wish that they would have stop cutting in with shots of the other contestants and their comments during the time that she was singing. That, in itself, was disappointing. :(

May 04 2011 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jessie

Jon Gosselin sent out a tweet a couple of days ago about a new video blog that rips apart diet fads, fake fitness products and bad weight loss messages, like those given out on The Biggest Loser. If you want the truth about the what really happens on the show, check out http://www.FedUpFemale.com. It will really make you think twice about it.

May 04 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimbo

Seriously?

May 04 2011 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chasesea

Don't watch the show, but I love Tim Gunn!

May 04 2011 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin and Debbie

It brings tears to my eyes to see how their weight loss has changed their whole outlook! To see them happy and confident, and feeling good about themselves. I love this show. It's so inspirational, and it's so great because you know this is going to change their lives! Anyone who says anything negative about these people is just jealous, or a miserable human being. May God Bless all of the contestants. I wish them all life's best!

May 04 2011 at 12:08 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
wongtpa

So much made of folks who are victims of their own excess!

May 04 2011 at 11:58 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
rhdleav

I am sooo into this reality show. You see the results happening under your nose. No matter what the negative people out there say. Yet they are watching it just like me. The sacrifices they make is real. But I only have one question. What are they doing with the extra skin. Toning I understand but this is extreme weight lose thus extreme flabby skin. Do they all have skin tucks afterwards????? I have so much respect for those people. I can stand to loose about 50 lbs. But I also know that I do not have the ausdauer to stick with it. Oh well.....

May 04 2011 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply