Blake Lewis: 'I Don't Want to Talk About Anyone But Haley'

by Blake Lewis, posted May 5th 2011 1:30PM
Last night was the first time I actually had to rewind a performance and watch it over and over again. Haley killed it on 'Idol!!!' I don't really even want to talk about anybody else. Her journey from the beginning of the show to now has been fantastic.

I wasn't a huge fan when the season began, but within the last four weeks Haley's completely changed my mind, as she continues bringing her A game! Her performance of "The House Of The Rising Sun" must be one of the best arrangements and performances I've seen this season. I now want to see her take it to the finish line. I think Haley and James in the finale would be a great show to see.On that note, James Durbin's performance with the single tear will likely come in for the win – and probably get all the votes, this week. What an emotional ride! He did a great job and connected with the song better than most Idols who have ever graced that stage. I also really liked his performance of the 30 Seconds to Mars' song. It was great to hear him do something contemporary and it was the perfect song choice for his range.

Jacob Lusk picked the worst song of the night, singing my girl Jordin Sparks' "No Air." The key was not great and it was just a bad song choice for him. His second song was much better, but I think he will be going home tomorrow.

Lauren was good as usual and the song choices were great. I just wasn't as into her as I was with Haley.

Scotty did his thing and I'm sure all the young girls out there will give him their votes.

It will be a really interesting Top 4 show next week, that's for sure.

Love and Happiness - Blake

Follow Blake Lewis's adventures in music on Twitter and his official YouTube channel. His latest album, 'Heartbreak on Vinyl,' is available on Tommy Boy Entertainment. And check out Blake on vocals in DJ Dan's latest single, 'Operator.'

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on FOX. For more on last night's show, check out our 'American Idol' recap.

Brad Horton

Anyone BUT Haley; weak voice, bad eyes, arrogant attitude, no depth. Poor entertainment talent. She gets the teenager boy vote. Weak

May 12 2011 at 9:32 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Janet Frace

I agree with Randy. . .she was just screaming. She seems to do better when second song comes around

May 12 2011 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
the northerns

Gonna be laughing at your Scotty hate, when he is standing there in his confetti shower at the finale!!!!!! Btw, I nor my husband are young teen girls, and we love Scotty! So do a lot of NON teenage girls!!!

May 06 2011 at 11:19 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ab

I wanted Haley and Casey in the finale from the beginning with Paul and James as my alternates, so I'm pretty much with you on that. Never liked Jacob, and am disappointed he's still here.

May 05 2011 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
"B"

Blake,you and I must be sharing the same brain! A James/Haley is the only final 2 that I want to see. Can you imagine the performances we'd get from these two powerhouse vocalists? I don't think last night was James' best performances of the season, but he has consistently given us his all on the Idol stage. Haley has shown the most growth over the season, is making great song choices and has given amazing vocal performances the last few weeks.
I don't get all the Scotty/Lauren hype. While I think both have great voices, I don't think either is ready for Prime Time and should use this time on Idol to gain experience.
Jacob was absolutely terrible last night. I was embarrassed for him especially when the "judges" overpraised a really bad performance. He should definitely be the one to leave tonight.

May 05 2011 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elly Stevens

I totally agree, Blake. Haley's performance gave me goosebumps and I rarely have had that happen. I gave her a lot of votes last night. By the way, I'm not fond of Idol's online voting system with a captcha for each vote. Too time consuming and a royal pain! I much prefer Dancing with the Stars' method. What do you think?

May 05 2011 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply