October 25, 2014

Will 'Brothers & Sisters' Get a Shortened Final Season? Or the Axe?

by Maggie Furlong, posted May 5th 2011 7:30PM
Let's face it: No matter how much we've laughed, cried and drank along with the Walker clan, 'Brothers & Sisters' isn't long for this TV world.

Rumors have swirled that the end was near all season, with falling ratings and complaints about plot and character departures from even the most diehard fans.

Then star Rachel Griffiths was caught saying she's "soon to be unemployed" last week at an event in Australia and laughing that it "looks like I'm out of a job!," which really got people talking.

Now it sounds like ABC is backing off a bit, and considering giving the show another season, it's last, to wrap things up -- but The Wrap reports that the season will be much shorter than normal.

Makes sense. I mean, this show isn't exactly cheap to produce with such a large all-star cast. Deadline is saying that if there is a last season, it'll be very light on Calista Flockhart's Kitty Walker McCallister.

With the Season 5 finale looming (Sun., May 8, 10PM ET) and network Upfronts presentations next week, the decision needs to happen fast. Without another season, the Walker farewell might not feel complete (although hopefully the writers knew it could be their series finale), but with another one ... well, is it just overkill?

What do you think 'B&S' fans: Do you want more, or is it time to say goodbye?

Patti

I have been reading at least 30 Posts, Cancelling Brothers & Sisters, and I cannot believe it either!! Yes, I would like to see it myself on maybe at 9:00 p.m., instead of 10:30, but thats not a big deal when its a Great Show I will stay up and watch it until it's over!!! It was bad enough when they took off Desperate Housewives!! Another Great Show I fell in Love with, just like many people said here "The Walkers", and "Desperate Housewives", they all had there own family problems, just like many of us do, and I think that is why we loved the shows that much, because we could relate to the shows to our own families!! I would just want to say one more thing, well I guess a couple other things, Sally Field, hasnt hardly changed much in looks, she did change alot more in Acting, since the Flying Nun, and all the other shows and Movies we have watched her in. But I agree with everyone else on here "PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL "BROTHERS & SISTERS NOW TOO!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! WE ALL HOPE TO SEE ANOTHER SEASON COMING UP!!! THANK YOU :)

August 11 2012 at 11:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janet Potts Croisant

It truly upsets me that you will remove a upstanding family show that been the favorite of millions of people for 5 seasons now ( check the reruns that we have watched over and over again and loved every one of them) and replaced it with a discusting program that puts our countries integrity in the toilet from start to finish. I think there are more of us upstanding families that deserve to beable to turn on our favorite shows without being bombarded with the filth and disrespect for our nations leaders. they have enough trouble gaining our respect without you trying to distroy what little respect we do have for them. with Brothers and Sisters we allowed our kids to watch it because NORA was a fantastic mother and the rest of the family made the show. SHAME ON YOU

July 18 2012 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danielle Cirelli

Oh no..I've been waiting for brothers & sisters to air this year. I wondered what was going on! This horrible. I've watched every episode from the start. It's a great show..what a HUGE mistake!! I'm so incredibly disappointed. I never blog but had to voice my opinion on this one. Absolutely the worst mistake. Brothers & sisters I miss you. Goood luck. Incredibly sad. PLEASE bring it baack.............ratings will soar

November 02 2011 at 11:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
skink0411

I am so disappointed that Sisters & Brothers is not returning!!! I really enjoyed the show and Pan Am.....LOL...... now that's a dumb show haven't watched it and I won't. All I can say is thank god for Revenge!!!

October 29 2011 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelia Spurlock Lanc

This is such a huge letdown for me. I am not a big tv fan,but on Sunday night everyone knew not to call during my shows...Desparate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters.I think this is a stupid decision on ABC's part.The new show that has been coming on is horrible

October 09 2011 at 11:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cara537536

I cannot believe that ABC would be so ignorant to cancel such a wonderful show! I am so devastated abount this tragic news! Please come to your sense ABC and bring back one of the best shows on all three major networks!

September 30 2011 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BARBRA!

ABC made a huge blunder cancelling Brother and Sisters. All of the head hochos shoud be chopped.

September 19 2011 at 1:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stueve

I like the rest of the Sunday night viewers would like to see "Brothers and Sisters" return. How far do we have to go, to prove this? Because we will, yep, we will!!! Right fellow viewers? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 13 2011 at 6:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tahe

Please Please bring it back . we are looking forward to have it back again

September 01 2011 at 3:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tahe

I love this brothers and sisters and please bring it back . we all watch and follow up as family and it ABC should support such progrom not just canceling it
it is big mistake for sure

September 01 2011 at 3:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply