April 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jennifer Lopez Reflects on Jacob Lusk's 'American Idol' Elimination (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted May 6th 2011 5:00PM
Jennifer Lopez Reflects on Jacob Lusk's Elimination From 'American Idol'On 'Access Hollywood Live' (weekdays, syndicated), Jennifer Lopez offered her perspective on the elimination of Jacob Lusk from 'American Idol' last night. Lopez said Lusk would accomplish "great things" in the future, and she appreciated his composure after being booted from the show.

"With Jacob, I was just, like, 'We're going to miss you. You're a very, very special soul.' Because it's not just about him and his singing. It's about him as a person and I just feel like he's going to go on to do great things," said Lopez.

"I just felt like, even just afterwards, how inspirational he was in that moment where ... he lost," she continued. "There was still an uplifting spirit about him."

dayhold

What a joke. Scotty and Lauren are the 2 worst remaining AI contestants. If this is the actual standings then I am going to stop watching AI and never watch again. I may tape and if one of them wins I can delete and never watch. My dog sings better than Scotty and looks a lot better. As for Lauren, she sings like my dog is doing her.

J Lo is a jealous over rated no talent fat ass beyatch who is married to the ugliest man on the planet. Randy is a senile washed up drug rotted, oops that is Steven Tyler. Actually is either one of the two. They keep beating on Haley who is the most talented and best performer of the contestants. James is a close second; The rest would have been laughed off the show by Simon. OMG we miss you Simon. Without a doubt these moronic judges make Paula look good.

May 07 2011 at 5:18 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dayhold's comment
Hello Lori

IM WITH YOU, SCOTTY AND LAUREN WERE THE WORST LAST WED, SPECIALLY LAUREN ON UNCHAINED MELODY AND SHE AND RANDY TOLD HER SHE WAS GREAT..OBVIOSLY JLO AND RANDY FAVOR SCOTTY AND LAUREN AND THEY NEVER COME DOWN HARD ON THEM..THEY DO COME HARD ON HALEY AND THE OTHERS..SPECIALLY ON HALEY..BUT ON THURSDAY, JIMMY PUT JLO ON HER PLACE ABOUT HER COMING DOWN ON THE SONG HE CHOSE FOR HALEY, WHICH BY THE WAY SHE WAS GREAT ON BOTH..AND JIMMY IS THE EXPERT, NOT JLO..SHE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT MUSIC, CAUSE SHE CAN'T EVEN SING HERSELF..SHE IS THE WORST JUDGE EVER..SHE SHOULD BE REMOVED AS A JUDGE..

May 07 2011 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

I hope James wins, but I'm afraid Scotty may steal it away from him. Scotty has a great voice, but it's nothing new, just listen to many of the country singers and you'll hear Scotty in there. James has a unique voice. But, I think all of the top 11 could easily get recording contracts--they're all very, very good.

May 07 2011 at 4:21 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
DAVID SHANNON

With Jacob gone, I'd be satisfied to see any of the four remaining win. Although Lauren's age is starting to be a factor. James is slipping a little. Haley is on her way up. It's going to be about song choices from here on. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Haley and Scotty in the end, with Scotty winning...especially if he does more like his first song this week.

May 07 2011 at 4:10 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jeffreyrockwell

Wow- if you're so sensitive and defensive that you can't accept somebody expressing an opposing point of view, you must live a very cloistered life. Walking in lockstep amongst those who see the world exactly as you do is nothing more than walking in circles. Having to defend the reasons and question the results for one's opinions is one of the best ways to grow inwardly; life without challenge is a form of coma and a waste of that reasoning ability which separates us from other animals. You can pray all you want for those whom you believe need "saving," but unless you celebrate the diversity of humankind, all of whom fall under the category of being created in God's image, He may not find your prayers worthy of being answered in His name. I hope you understand that I don't mean any of this in a malicious or mean-spirited way; it just seems to me that you're falling short of exercising one of the Creator's greatest gifts awarded us: our potential.

May 07 2011 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
angalmarketing2

You people and your obsessions; why do you even care what someone else thinks about a singer or whatever. It certainly does not deserve all of your ridiculous comments. I have a great idea for you people; read the new book by Leland M. Glen, "Enough Already" and get an idea of how your obsessions with entertainment/sports figures has created the culture we are in today. Jay Bennett

May 07 2011 at 3:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mining Rocks!!

I love Jennifer and. I can see why she was voted most beautiful -As for the contestants, I think Haley might just be the black sheep who is in the top two at the end but think Scotty will take it with his effortless voice. He is a new Elvis Presley - someone we thought could never be replaced - we are sooo lucky to have all these fabulous singers coming on board.

May 07 2011 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Mining Rocks!!'s comment
Hello Lori

ARE YOU KIDDING? SCOTTY IS NO MORE ELVIS THAN RANDY IS WHITE..LOL...THERE IS NO COMPARAZING IN THEIR VOICES, OR LOOKS..ELVIS HAD A VOICE THAT WAS ABLE TO HIT HIGH NOTES, SOMETHING SCOTTY CAN'T REACH..AND AS FAR AS LOOKS, SCOTTY HAS EARS LIKE A CHIHUAHUA,..PLEASE DO'N'T EVEN GET ME STARTED..I NEVER DISLIKE JLO UNTIL I STARTED SEEING HOW UNJUST SHE IS WITH HALEY AND JACOB..HOW CAN SHE BE A JUDGE, WHEN SHE CAN'T EVEN SING AT ALL..PLEASE REMOVE HER FOR NEXT YEAR..I HAD ENOUGHT OF HER FAVORING SCOTTY AND LAUREN AND NEVER TELL THEM THE TRUTH ABOUT HOW BAD THEY REALY ARE.. SPECIALLY LAUREN UNCHAINED MELODY..GIVE A BREAK..SHE IS UNJUST AND THAT'S NOT WHAT THEY HIRED HER FOR..JLO, DOO YOUR JOB RIGHT OR RESIGN...

May 07 2011 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
calicoanna1

The comments I just read are SO HATEFUL that it boggles the mind. Why so much hate for everyone. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE JENNIFER, RYAN AND THE IDOL SINGERS JUST TURN THE STATION BUT DON'T TEAR OTHERS DOWN. YOU NEED GOD IN YOUR HEART. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU ALL! Now back to the show, I quit watching Idol because of Simon being booed everytime he tried to tell the contestants what they needed to do to win. I agree Simon has not done the best job in getting his message across but at least he tells them what to do so they can grow. Paula was so messed up on the show and just praised all the time and that does not help anyone. Randy I love and he is great. Kari...I don't know any song she has written and never had heard of her and she was the worst judge idol had ever had. NOW THIS SEASON: We have had to much good talent I have loved watching the show. Steven Tyler I like but he gives to much praise and not enough advice when they don't do well, Jennifer is emotional but that is because she cares so deeply. And in spite of that she is a great judge because she can tell the singers what they need to do to win it, and again Randy is great he tells it like it is but with love in his heart. As far as who I want to win it.....JAMES! I vote for two hours every week for James as he to me is the most talented, emotional, true human being up there and he can sing so many different types of songs. I know what to expect if I bought his DVD. Scotty is right up there and I predict it will come down to Scotty and James and James will take it because Scotty is sooooo good he will get a deal whether he wins idol or not. HE IS FABULOUS AND BETTER THAN ANY TAYLOR SWIFT, CARRIE UNDERWOOD, ETC AND THESE PEOPLE WHO CALL THEMSELLVES COUNTRY SINGERS WHEN THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT OR WHO THEY ARE. I cannot remember the girls name that sang HOUSE OF THE RISING Sun, but she is a great singer but I see her as to sexual and reallly getting caught up in the hype of the entertainment industry. I think she would sleep her way to the top. Than there is Hailey, 15 year old Hailey, great voice but she is to predictable and I don't see her winning. In fact, I predict she goes home next week. For those of you who don''t agree with my comments, keep it to yourself, freedom of speech and I have a Right to express myself in a constructive way.

May 07 2011 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to calicoanna1's comment
Bob Ellenburg

Sorry. You have the young Ladies mixed up. Laural is the 16 year old, and Hailey sang House of the Rising Sun. I believe Hailey will make it through next week. The two finalist will be James and Scotty, with an outside chance that Hailey could be there. It has been the best season for Talent and so diversafide. I think all final ten will make it in the music field.

May 07 2011 at 3:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bob Ellenburg's comment
Hello Lori

LAUREN AND ACOTTY SHOULD GO HOME, BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF THEM SINGING ONLY COUNTRY SONGS..THAT'S THE ONLY THING THEY CAN SING..AND LAUREN WAS HORRIBLE ON UNCHAINED MELODY..SHE IS A CRY BABY..EVERYTIME SHE KNOWS SHE DID BAD, SHE GOES IN FRONT OF THE JUDGES WITH TEARY EYES AND THEY DON'T COME DOME DOWN ON HER..WHY? THAT'S WHY THEY ARE GETTING PAID FOR, TO JUDGE JUST AND TRUTHFULL..IM TIRED OF THEM FAVORING THIS 2 KIDS SCOTTY AND LAUREN..ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...FIRED THEM..

May 07 2011 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
lindama

Sorry, I am glad Jason was voted off. He's doesn't sing music in the group numbers that blend with the others' types of music. He is a wonderful singer, and seems more for gospel, rather than rock.

May 07 2011 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lalalindy

Scotty is such a humble soul and he will be a winner in the counrty music field, so it dosen't matter if he wins American Idol. Would really love to see him to do some county/pop crossover, like Carrie Underwood. He is going to be a big star.

May 07 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
LosAngelesGeorge

Only J.Lo for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 07 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply