October 22, 2014

Jillian Michaels Joins 'The Doctors,' 'Dr. Phil'

by Chris Harnick, posted May 6th 2011 4:00PM
Jillian MichaelsJillian Michaels will co-host 'The Doctors' when the talk show returns next season.

According to Deadline, part of 'The Biggest Loser' trainer's new deal with CBS TV Distribution will also see Michaels as a special correspondent on 'Dr. Phil.' Phil McGraw is an executive producer of both shows.

"I could not be more excited about joining such an amazing show! My greatest passion is helping people live their healthiest, happiest lives by empowering them with information and support," Michaels said in a statement. "This is literally the most informative show in daytime, and it allows me to continue to educate people on how to make powerful health choices enabling them to take control of not only their physical well-being, but every facet of their lives. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I have spent as a guest on the show and becoming a permanent member of the team makes today one of the best yet."

'The Biggest Loser: Couples 4' will be Michaels' last season on the NBC weight-loss competition. Michaels made her departure announcement in December via Twitter.

"I want to take a year off TV and focus on becoming a mommy and doing more charity work," she wrote.

Michaels said filming her summer reality series, 'Losing It With Jillian,' prompted her desire to start a family. "Shooting 'Losing It' also had big impact on me," Michaels tweeted. "Living with kids I saw first hand what I was missing."

Fans of Michaels' tough attitude shouldn't worry. The reality star and trainer told Deadline she's not going to lose her edge.

"I will still take a tough-love approach when necessary," she said, "but this is a platform that will allow me to have a direct connection with the viewers and provide them with information, motivation and support."

Tell us: Will you tune in to see Jillian Michaels on 'The Doctors'?

Kami Smith

Jillian has essentially RUINED The Doctors. She's loud, rude and uneducated. She needs to GO.

October 19 2011 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lhixold

If they are going to keep Jillian on the show they need to change the name , she is NOT a Doctor and far from it. If they want her as a guest every now and then then maybe that is ok, but for all the time...no take her away.

October 18 2011 at 12:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BravoBRavo

I totally agree. She is front and center and has no medical credentials at all. If I want to learn how to do sit ups, I go to a fitness instructor, if you want medical advice, you go to a doctor. They have made the show more theater, than performance. I wont be watching anyomore either

October 17 2011 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BravoBRavo

I totally agree. She makes the show about her and she has no medical credibility at all.

October 17 2011 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary J Plata

She is the most annoying person ever! She has taken over the show and it's a real slap in the face that she sits front and center! I've basically stopped watching the show! Please remover her!!!

October 10 2011 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
casejon

Take Jillian Michaels off the show...she is not a Doctor! I will not watch it again until she is removed!

September 27 2011 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Jo

What's the old saying..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Well it wasn't broke (i.e. ratings,etc.), but I''ll be damned they thought "Let's just go ahead and fix it anyway!" I truly enjoyed the show just as it was. I think everyone liked the show just as it was. For the life of me I can't understand why you would add an exercise maven to the show that is titled "The Doctors". I thought you had her as a guest TOO often as it was. This woman is so infatuated with her own voice and sinced she came on the show, like some of the other folks have stated, she acts like she's running your program. I also saw her last Friday on "Dr. Phil" on the subject of parents that have small children who are grotesquely overweight . With all the women she spoke with (I use the term spoke lightly), she dresses these women down like nothing I'd ever heard before. One woman she sat literally face to face and she was yelling like a banshee right in her face. What is to be served by this kind of communication? Jillian would have a show of her own IF she could get an audience. But they would cancel her within a month. Just like I'll cancel The Doctors off my viewing as I am sure others will. And when I read she is going to be on Dr. Phil, I'll choose to tune out too! It's such a shame, I enjoyed 'The Doctors'.

September 24 2011 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
valmyers6379

No, I saw her on Dr. Phil and she was ridiculous!

September 23 2011 at 8:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
frabar2

I always tuned in daily to "The Doctors" untilI Jillian Michaels came on board. I think she thinks it is her show! I even think she now thinks she is a doctor! She is loud and talks over everyone and guess what? She is not a doctor!

September 23 2011 at 9:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Illena Welter

I always watched this show but will not anymore. I wanted real doctors not a guru who I do not like who seems to be taking over the show. She is too bossy. I tuned in for the real doctors and the show has been ruined. This was a good show.

September 22 2011 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply