July 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Ralph Macchio Swears He Hasn't Peeked at His 'DWTS' Partner Karina Smirnoff's 'Playboy' Issue (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 6th 2011 2:29AM
Ralph Macchio, 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno'Ralph Macchio has proven to be a pretty good dancer on this season's 'Dancing With the Stars' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on ABC). We're sure he would attribute a lot of his success to his professional partner Karina Smirnoff.

The two have grown very close throughout the season, which may be why he could barely look at her on the cover of 'Playboy' on 'The Tonight Show' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on NBC).

There are nude pictures of the dancer inside as well, but Macchio indicated he hasn't seen them. "I'm not saying there won't be a day," he admitted. "But I have sort of this big brother, sister relationship with her."

He went on to explain how he takes on a much more familial tone when he sees her, especially if she's dressing in a sexier manner. "Instead of me instantly saying, 'Wow is she beautiful and sexy,' I'm like, 'You are not going out in that, okay. You put a sweater on right now.'"

Maybe once the show wraps -- or, as Jay Leno suggested, when his wife is out of town -- Macchio will break down and look at them. Or he might just not. He may be too close to her personally to want to see her in that way.

Watch the full interview here:

WANDA

B/T/W, IF YOU LOOK UP THE WORD "CLASS" IN THE ENCYCLOPEDIA, RALPH MACCHIO'S PICTURE WILL BE NEXT TO THE DEFINITION OF IT (among other things that he is, which are: respectful, handsome, sexy, talented, nice, sweet, humble, witty, & I could go on & on & on)! GOOD LUCK, "KARATE KID", DURING THE NEXT FEW WKS. OF "DWTS"!

May 06 2011 at 2:15 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Skippy

EVERY BODY HAS INTERNET LOOK UP GYPSY ROSE LEE THAT WAS DONE IN GOOD CLASS NOT T HIS SLUT TODAY AND JUST SHOWING BODIES

May 06 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WANDA

In the very 1st sentence above in the story about Ralph Macchio being on DWTS this season, you stated that it was on weeknights on ABC at "11:35 P.M." (WHICH IS TOTALLY WRONG), & down below that you stated that The Tonight Show was on weeknights on NBC at 11:35 P.M. (WHICH IS TOTALLY CORRECT)! Do you people not "proofread" anything before you put it in the computer for everyone to see? I am forever finding incorrect statements that the professional people put on here (sometimes they're not really very impt. & sometimes they're so off the wall that it just amazes me what people you may have working for you)! This did not affect my day or wk. or mo. or yr. or LIFE in anyway at all; but, I just thought that I'd point that incorrect statement to you! Thanks!

May 06 2011 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lexie

i think that ralph is doing a great job.

May 06 2011 at 2:08 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
fordtimes

If the woman poses in Playboy... she's not a good person! Only today's moden fool would be so blind!!

May 06 2011 at 1:25 PM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply
swidjhe8

My God he looks so old

May 06 2011 at 12:55 PM Report abuse -8 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to swidjhe8's comment
gjsly

My God! Are you serious?

May 06 2011 at 1:39 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Evie

I really hope that Ralph wins DWS!!! If he doesn't, something definitely won't pass the smell test; the man is such a great talent and is totally AWESOME!!!

May 06 2011 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Evie's comment
bodeks4

I think having Karina as a partner may hurt him. I am now and have always been a big Ralph Machio fan, Outsiders all time fave movie (one of anyhow). Don't think shes got many fans though in comparison to other professionals, the playboy thing doubt will help any!

May 06 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alanna

WOW.....there is hope for some of those coming out of Hollywood.....Ralph is a great example. I would love to see someone with that much class win it all.

May 06 2011 at 12:09 PM Report abuse +10 rate up rate down Reply
MARSHA

Oh Jay~Jay! You stop that now! Teasing the poor guy like that! Silly 'ole Jay~Jay! Such a witty man that Jay~Jay is! Sarcasm at its best!

May 06 2011 at 12:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply