'Something Pitchy:' The Lusky Stank Is Lifted, J.Lo Travels Through Time and Jimmy Battles the Judges!

by Hilary Rothing, posted May 6th 2011 1:15AM
Ah, the time has finally come. America, who has clearly "fallen in love" with Jacob Lusk, couldn't look itself in the mirror, anymore. Jacob and his "Lusky Stank" have left the 'Idol' building, but not without drawing every cat and dog in the Los Angeles area toward the 'Idoldome,' first.

Myself, Rickey Yaneza (Rickey.org) and MJ Santilli (MJ's Big Blog) get in the sharing circle about the results (one of us even created a special tribute to Jacob, involving a cell phone! Guess who!), Lauren Alaina's brush with 'Idol' elimination, J.Lo's ability to defy time and space with a pre-taped performance and Jimmy's possible beef with the judges, in this post-Top 5 elimination show edition of AOL's 'American Idol' talk show, 'Something Pitchy!'

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on FOX.

jolbeargirl

I CANT BELIEVE JAMES IS GONE. ITS LIKE ADAM LAMBERT ALL OVER AGAIN! SCOTTY SHOULD HAVE GONE HE IS JUST ANOTHER COUNTRY BUMPKIN. THE PROBLEM IS ALL THESE LITTLE 9,10,11,12YR OLDS VOTING ON LOOKS INSTEAD OF TALENT!!! I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE AN AGE LIMIT 4 VOTING,JUST LIKE AGE LIMIT THEY HAVE 4 THE CONTESTANTS. VERY DISAPPOINTED ABOUT LAST NIGHTS RESULTS!!!

May 13 2011 at 9:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fberry3333

I am so glad to have found your recaps. I thought I was alone until I heard your comments about Jacob. He was so ego inflated that everytime I say him come on stage I cringed. How anyone could vote for his romping and flaming wiggle as he screamed with his own delight in himself. Talk about too musch looking in the mirror! Someone needs to mentor him on grace and humility before he will be sucessful as I see it. I really appreciate your humor and reality check on all counts. Thanks for the refreshing honesty too. FYI I hope Haley wins but we know the crowd will go for the needy James.

May 06 2011 at 11:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Enough already!

Always enjoy your recaps. I'm with the majority who thinks In it to win it needs to be deep sixed. Also appreciate that Ricky can remain positive when the only emotion I feel is up chucking at the drama, the pimping, the manipulation of the judges and Jimmy. It's all one big joke this year.

May 06 2011 at 6:57 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
CINDY

It was long overdue! Jacob tried to be something he was not and it didn't fit. He needs to stick to Gospel and he will succeed. James Durbin is most likely going to win. I believe he has the most star power! Scotty will be a star no matter what and he is still very young so his time is not yet.

May 06 2011 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ftbrjb

Down to the final four and they all are good. But there is only one that the judges have said will be a legend and the mentors have said what a carrer you have ahead of you and see you in Nashville. Scotty is a Legend in the making and our next country Super Star, count on it. So much talent, clean cut, humble, religious, and only 17. Finishing first or second will not change his Super Star Future.

May 06 2011 at 2:31 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jim and judy

Jimmy Lovine to replace Tyler (just beautiful man, beautiful) as next year's judge.

Two guys and one gal as the final three. For weeks I thought that the gal would be Lauren, but now I'm not so sure. James will get the teeny bopper vote and win.

May 06 2011 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hejohnst

I like Scotty for a winner in American Idol. He is the only one who is mature acting, professionaly. He does not exhibit the personality problems of James, who, incidentally, has a great voice. James presents poorly in some performances, to the point of not singing clearly. Sometimes, one cannot understand what in the world he is trying to sing. Scotty, on the other hand, is always in charge of his performance and has a great stage presence, plus that marvelous country voice.

May 06 2011 at 1:09 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
rudder1957

jacob is going to win numb nuts

May 06 2011 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mark & suzanne

This season has the best talent pool so far.Yes, Jacobs time was up, and i think either Lauren or James are next-they are both narcissistic.

May 06 2011 at 12:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Timothy

Jacob was going down in a spiral.he couldnt match his earlier performances.He peeked way too early.he was undeceided about what to sing.he thought he was Chris brown but actually Sang like luther .he was way too pitchy in the end and was trying to screem more then sing.hopefully he gets a voice coach and then gets a record.

May 06 2011 at 12:24 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply