April 24, 2014

Paula Abdul Officially Joins 'The X Factor'

by Maggie Furlong, posted May 8th 2011 6:00PM
Paula AbdulWelcome back, Paula!

Fox's much-anticipated reality competition show, 'The X Factor,' is taping its first episodes of judged auditions today in Los Angeles, and luckily we now know that the judges panel will include Paula Abdul.

Rumors have been swirling -- even up until a few hours ago -- that Abdul's deal was still not finalized. We all know the show must go on (and that contract debates had a hand in her 'Idol' departure), but a Paula-less 'X Factor'? After months and months of speculation? No thanks.

Abdul joined fellow judges Cheryl Cole, L.A. Reid and her old 'Idol' pal Simon Cowell on stage today, officially confirming her role on the show and her reunion with Cowell.

"This show would never have been the same without Paula," Simon Cowell said in a statement. "And I can't believe I am saying this -– I have missed her a lot, and I am thrilled she's on the show."

And Abdul is equally as thrilled: "I am excited beyond words to be a part of 'The X Factor.' I couldn't be happier to bring my love for cultivating talent and performance to such a wildly anticipated show. I'm also delighted and grateful to be sitting next to Simon again ... but you might want to check back with me in a week or two!"

This news comes just days after the show's co-hosts were announced: Former Pussycat Dolls lead singer Nicole Scherzinger and Brit Steve Jones. The show premieres this fall.

Are you pumped to have Paula back on TV? Do you think she was the right choice for the show?

Follow Maggie on Twitter @TheTVShowGirl

ZetoKya

Thank Buddha she's on there. It wouldn't be right without Paula. Everyone is tired of that bitch J.Lo on AI anyways.

May 11 2011 at 9:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharon

I'm thrilled to have Paula and Simon working together. american Idol has lost a great deal of punch with the judges they now have. I'm looking forward to the X-factor. Will there be a BIG BROTHER this summer

May 11 2011 at 11:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MONSTERDEADHEAD

PAULA LOVE YOU.WELCOME TO X.FACTOR.WE ALL MISS YOU.ON IDOL.THANK YOU FOR GETING ON X-FACTOR -YOUR HOT.AND HAVE COMMON SENSE.SIMON AND YOU OLD TIMES.IF YOU THINK YOU CAN FALL IN LOVE WITH A POOR MEN.I WANT YOU.HOT THING'

May 10 2011 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

May 10 2011 at 9:13 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
maggiestie2

Welcome back Paula I'll be watching you and Simon like old times yayyyyyyyy

May 09 2011 at 5:00 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jkov

Glad to see she is back with Simon, they are a good team together, I missed them on American Idol

May 09 2011 at 10:31 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bomomsback

Welcome back, Paula. I missed you. I hope the X Factor will be as successful as the new American Idol.

May 09 2011 at 10:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ceasarsbaybazaar

I think Paula is great ! I wish she was back o Idol.

May 09 2011 at 10:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bon4157

BTW, J-LO WAS THE WORST CHOICE. LET'S FACE IT, HER CAREER WAS IN THE TOILET SO THIS WAS A BOOST FOR HER, THE VIDEO AND ALL. SHE IS SO SELF ABSORBED, AND STEVEN TYLER AND HIS BOOK?? STEVEN TYLER IS A LEGEND WITH AEROSMITH BUT THESE TWO AS JUDGES NEVER SAID A CRITICAL INTELLIGENT COMMENT ABOUT ANY OF THE CONTESTANTS AND THE SHOW THIS YEAR LAID AN EGG. SHAME ON THE PRODUCERS FOR MAKING THIS ONE TIME FABULOUS SHOW INTO A SHAM!

May 09 2011 at 10:08 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Tjwolfy1

Yeah!! good for Paula I have missed her on IDOL which isn't as exciting without Paula and Simon.

May 09 2011 at 10:07 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply