August 29, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

NeNe Leakes: I Quit 'Celebrity Apprentice' Because Trump 'Disrespected' Me (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted May 9th 2011 3:35PM
NeNe Leakes Quit 'Celebrity Apprentice' Because Donald Trump 'Disrespected' HerAccording to NeNe Leakes, she left 'The Celebrity Apprentice' because of Donald Trump's decision to switch her to the men's team as a way to end fighting between she and Star Jones. On 'Access Hollywood Live' (weekdays, syndicated), Leakes said she felt "disrespected" by Trump and that this decision was her breaking point.

"The final straw for me was when Mr. Trump decided to switch me, take me out of my comfort zone to accommodate Star. I felt he was disrespecting me," said Leakes.

Even a call from Trump couldn't dissuade her from leaving because, she said, "I make my own decisions in life."

And although Leakes claimed to not hold a grudge against Jones, there's clearly no love lost between the two. "I haven't heard from [Jones] and I don't mind not hearing from her. I don't hold a grudge and it costs me nothing to say hello. But, I don't want to have anything to do with her," she said.

Carla Harris

Ne Ne Leakes is CRAZY and jealous of Star's intelligence. I think Ne Ne needs to get back on her meds. What a disgraceful and unclassy lady. She is a bully and a TOTAL embarrassment to womankind.

May 11 2011 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hattie54

Nene had ugly things to say about Star and did nothing but whine.Sure,I am not a Star fan but glad both are gone.This is my first year watching C A.

May 10 2011 at 4:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth Gibson

Nene is a bully. It was always her way or no way. I don't like Star but Nene is a joke. She was ready to back stab everyone. She did nothing but bitch and bitch and complain and complain. What did she contribute?

May 10 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelia Lawson

I NEVER liked NeNe on the housewives of atlanta and damn sure didnt like her on celebrity apprentice, she is trying to get everything out of her 15 minutes, which have been up 30 minutes ago. NeNe uses her loud mouth, ugly nose and ridiculous color hear (if you are that dark DO NOT dye your hair light brown or even some shade of blonde...IT'S JUST SAD!!!!) to try and make a career for herself, I guess this time her husband dont have to pay for her being known(poor Greg should have kept your $300,000 your are not going to get anything back on your investment). I am glad she quit so I will no longer have to see or hear her ANYMORE!!!.. If housewives of atlanta is smart they will leave her CONTROLLING A** out of the show( but then who will Cynthia listen too and follow like a lost puppy? OOPS forgot she married her new owner). Her time has come and been gone PLEASE let this sleeping dog GO BACK TO SLEEP!!!!!!!..I AM TIRED OF HER

May 10 2011 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
zygi & paris

TRUMP, is an ugly, wig wearing, disrespectful trublemaker, who has no class. Money does not give one class. His show is ghetto, and the stars of the show have allowed him to use Black women to boost his ratings. Glad they have gone. See who watches his show now.

May 10 2011 at 9:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Finally someone who stood up for that pompous ego. Never knew who Nene was until Celebrity Apprentice, because of her refusal to curl up in a ball to the Donald, made me gain a whole lot of respect for her.

May 09 2011 at 11:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dolly Granger

You can't rule the world....you were a joke on Housewifes then you do this. Not too many producer will want to hire a quitter. I had no use for you on Housewives now I have less. I can see why your husband left you......how many times did you embarras him in public.....you would not be where you are without him. You are a bad example for black women. Most black women I know agree. Time to shut up loud mouth fool.

May 09 2011 at 10:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Dolly Granger's comment
limonflavr

Well she can still always be the Governor of Alaska, they don't seem to mind quitters.

May 10 2011 at 9:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tpp

What's the equivalent of white trash for african americans? That's what this woman is. Classless, whiny, immature, rude, loudmouthed, obnoxious waste of perfectly good oxygen.

May 09 2011 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patti

sorry, the computer jumped keys! I had typed both my husband and I, not both may and I. Doesn't matter though, NeNe is still a huge quitter. Doesn't even care about her charity. It's all about her. Put the big L on your head NeNe.

May 09 2011 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patti

Both may and I gained all of this respect for NeNe, even liked her when we expected not to. Then she goes and quits? What a huge baby! A quitter. Star beat her after all. Instead of realizing that she is far too sensitive and getting some therapy, she blames first Star for how she is feeling, then Trump. Talk about not taking any responsibility, what a huge let down NeNe was. I guess we knew before going in that we didn't like her and should have stuck with our original (gut) reaction to her.

May 09 2011 at 6:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply