December 20, 2014

'House' Renewed for Season 8

by Jean Bentley, posted May 10th 2011 1:15PM
HouseAfter some late-hour negotiations, Fox has finally struck a deal with the cast of 'House' to return for an eighth season.

The network announced today that the medical drama will be back in the fall with all of its main cast in tact.

"Over the past seven seasons, 'House' has redefined the medical drama and has given us one of television's most compelling and iconic characters," said Fox President of Entertainment Kevin Reilly in a press release.

"From the producers to the incredible writers to the unbelievably talented cast and crew, the 'House' team is fearless in its creativity and I can't wait to see what they have in store next year."

Although star Robert Sean Leonard had said he wasn't sure he'd return to the series because he wanted to spend more time with his family, Deadline reported last night that he and Omar Eps closed their new deals. Hugh Laurie signed a new three-year contract, and Linda Edelstein is expected to officially sign on soon.

Other contract issues that held up Fox from renewing the series earlier was the fact that the studio wanted to cut costs and make each episode cheaper to produce by 20 percent.

Tell us: Are you still checked in to 'House'? Will you watch an eighth season?

Sydney

I dont care what any one says, I've been a loyal fan since season 1 and I have been looking forward to this all summer! I can't wait for the (most likely) final season!

September 30 2011 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ron

ok last year was a little boring. House has to to bad, to keep your attention.
Cuddy will be so missed, she to had to be bad. Its the wrong ethics of a doctor that keeps my heart pumping.
So yes Im going to remain faithful, I have not ever missed a episode.
looking forward to season 8.
Love you Hugh laurie

August 31 2011 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pamela

Although I love House and still plan on watching,I felt he went "soft" last year, after getting together with Cuddy. It was entertaining, but nothing like what drew us to his character, in the first place. The fun part of watching was not knowing what he'd do next for his Vicodin! Now that he's sober,he's not as much fun! Getting him and Cuddy together ruined the sexual tension(alaMoonlighting). But,I'm loyal, and even "lame",House is the best thing on TV. Can't wait!

August 26 2011 at 10:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luv4fam4134043

ive loved house since i started watching it but i hate to see cuddy leave and if anyone else leaves the show is really done because it wont be as funny or intertaining to watch yes i am from close to new jersey

July 26 2011 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mare7k

Of course 99% of everyone who has read this article is interested in watching a new season. That's why they read the article in the first place. Next time try thinking of a more interesting question. After all we are House fans.
And yes, I am from Jersey.

The worst episode was when they turned the characters into a Broadway show theme. How embarrassing for them. As long as the writers stay away from that corny stuff, I'll be watching.
They could continue the show with House being some rouge doctor for drug dealers in exchange for his meds. While traveling to exotic third world countries meeting dark & mysterious people with rare diseases. It could take off right from where they ended last season. Then Wilson realizing his empty benign (shameful pun) existence without House leaves on a quest to find his best friend. The other characters could take turns looking for him in different episodes. (We can't leave them completely out I would miss them, except for Stab)

Then Dr. Regina Benjamin (surgeon general), hearing about how House has finally situated himself in the middle of the jungle as a god, sends the whole team up a river to find him, with a warning "stay in the boat". In the end Wilson gets to fulfill his desire to euthanize the entire village as a mercy killing for the insane. Oh, never mind, Martin Sheen already did that and I think it may go a little over budget.

Horray for a new season!!

June 11 2011 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anona

I most definitly would watch HOUSE until I died. Cannot get enough of it. There has never been a TV series so captivating. I would however like to see HOUSE return with his chalkboard theries. Like to see him more involved in the medical aspect of the program, this makes it more "SITTING ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT" exciting. Don't even think of ending the HOUSE series, please. Seriously, HOUSE, Dancing with the stars and American Idol are the only programs worth watching.
NOTE: Excuse any misspelled words, I can not see tiny print.

May 31 2011 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marie Koch

Definitely on board for another season of angst and medical mysteries

May 25 2011 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharon

I love the show "House". Can't even guess why I'd watch TV if it wasn't on. Taking it off or anyone on it now would be AWFUL!!!!! Wilson just makes it to. Love them both. Please DO NOT LET THIS SHOW GO????????????????

May 17 2011 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

Although House has taken a bit of a dive recently, I do think they are coming back around. Tonight's episode looks great! Love the current story lines! Glad 13 is back, and Masters is gone. Hope season 8 is as good as the first 7!

May 16 2011 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bester2012

Wilson NEEDS To Return whats Houses Antics without Wilson either keeping him in check or making the mayhem that much more hilarious

May 12 2011 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply