October 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Lady Gaga Proves a Bit Too Much for Scotty McCreery on 'American Idol' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 11th 2011 11:40PM
Lady Gaga & Scotty McCreery, 'American Idol'Jimmy Iovine summed it up best on 'American Idol' (Wed., 8PM ET on FOX) when he said, "Scotty McCreery. Lady Gaga. I couldn't think of a better fit."

The two are coming from such opposite ends of the spectrum, it was bound to be uncomfortable when they collided during Gaga's mentor stint this week. McCreery did a lot of awkward laughing, smiling and doing the best he could to look anywhere but directly at Gaga. Apparently, that's just too much for him to handle.

Gaga lost him with her advice as well, telling him to think of the microphone as his girlfriend. "Keep your mouth on that microphone like your life depends on it or that b**** gonna leave you."

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on FOX.

Later Gaga said, "Apparently, he's a bit more conservative than I had imagined." She hoped she hadn't offended him, but McCreery did say he felt like kissing his cross necklace and saying, "Lord, this is not my doing."

Still, sometimes greatness comes from odd couplings, and she did get him even more loosened up and a little bit crazy for his performance of 'Young Blood.' Maybe a little too crazy, based on some of the loopy looks he was giving the camera with his eyes bugged out.

What did you think of McCreery's performances?

stvknobl

he has a place in the country industry but he's to predictable for me

May 13 2011 at 6:17 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
nceisaac

THEY HOOKED UP AFTER THE SHOW,SCOTTIE KEPT HIS MOUTH ON GAGA'S @I(^ LIKE IT WAS A MICROPHONE!!!!

May 12 2011 at 11:50 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
nceisaac

May 12 2011 at 11:50 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Joe Lyneis

I could not get over how inapproiate GaGa was for Sotty... my gosh, his a kid! She is such a BAD infulance of all young american kids. I for one do not like her.... SICK WOMAN

May 12 2011 at 9:56 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Joe Lyneis's comment
Brittainy

Fine that you don't like her, but the excuse that he is a kid? Really Joe? He's 17, my goodness. He will be able to go to war in less than a year!!!
Lady Gaga's not the problem, its people feeling as though they can't be themselves for fear of others judging them. Don't be one of those judgmental guys that people can't be themselves around :)

May 20 2011 at 10:45 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
steve and cheryl

Scottie is a far better role model at 17 that Lady Gaga will be at 27. He handled himself well,
Steve

May 12 2011 at 6:10 PM Report abuse +7 rate up rate down Reply
Judie

Scottie is a talented, soft spoken 'country boy' with a fantastic voice. This has got to be one of the hardest things he has ever experienced being well known throughout the American Idol TV viewing public. Scottie's parents have been there for all of the performances and you can certainly see the pride in their faces. No matter what happens on the show, Scottie has a future in music and the ability to be humble.

May 12 2011 at 5:42 PM Report abuse +8 rate up rate down Reply
jcpassion4u

Scotty has a great voice and future,he is as solid as a young man I have seen u can tell he has a relationship with Jesus THE ROCK Scotty keep your relationship with Jesus first,u don,t have to act like Gaga or sing I am evil to be cool Your cool if you have a good relationship with your loving creator. I am very proud of u Scotty! Please stay close to the Lord and don,t give in to the evil around you.Stay strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.God gave us all our voices to sing back to Him he is worthy of All Praise PRAISE Jesus I love him so much
I know satan deforms but Christ Jesus reforms

May 12 2011 at 4:44 PM Report abuse +9 rate up rate down Reply
Cindy

Whether you like Gaga or not, (and I don't), she said some very inappropriate things to a 17 year old boy.

May 12 2011 at 3:22 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Cindy's comment
Brittainy

Do you think we should change the age that people can go to war from 18 to an older age? 17 years old- that is not a BOY or a child. In Louisiana, you are legally an adult at 17. Im just so confused where everyone is getting this young boy thing from. Besides, she was talking about making out with his girlfriend, that's hardly scandalous or inappropriate.

May 20 2011 at 10:49 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
KATHY'S FREE

Scotty only showed his innocence in Lady Gaga's critiques and suggestions that he use the mic as his girlfriend, he was embarassed, but did show the utmost respect, took her critques under advisement and handled himself in a mature manner! This is new to him, he's young, humble and a polite gentleman, who did handle this situation very maturely! Scotty did go out, using Lady Gaga's advice and acted quirky in his performance and did sing very well on both songs! Scotty is the real deal!

May 12 2011 at 3:13 PM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
froga28570

GaGa is an aquired taste for sure. I think she goes abit far at times but I do think her heart is in the right place for sure. I hope they told her how old these guys were! I felt what she said to Scotty was a bit strong however it did show his innosence in alot of ways. For his age that is refreshing. Two differant worlds for sure. I choose how ever to leave it at that. GaGa knows music and I truly believe she would never do anything to harm another person or embarress them.

May 12 2011 at 2:52 PM Report abuse -5 rate up rate down Reply