September 30, 2014

NeNe Leakes' Friends Say She Was Right to Quit 'Celebrity Apprentice'

by PopEater Staff, posted May 11th 2011 6:00AM
NeNe LeakesAfter weeks of battling with Star Jones, NeNe Leakes controversially walked out of 'The Celebrity Apprentice' Sunday night. Now, with celebrities and others lobbing the racist label at Donald Trump, NeNe's friends say that quitting the show in the shocking -- and low-rated -- episode, was a smart, principled move.

"Everything will ultimately work out for NeNe," said a friend of 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' star. "In the long run she was much better off to quit and walk away than get a job with Donald Trump."

It should be noted that each celebrity is playing to raise money for their charity rather than get a job within Trump's organization. It should also be noted that the 'Celebrity Apprentice' we're seeing on Sundays was taped months ago, before The Donald's now-floundering bid for the White House and string of attacks on President Obama that many believe reek of racism.

CBS news anchor Bob Schieffer attacked Donald recently after he raised doubts about President Obama's school grades. "That's just code for saying he got into law school because he's black," he said. "This is an ugly strain of racism that's running through this whole thing."

Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Cosby, Robert De Niro, Rosie O'Donnell and David Letterman have also spoken out.

The political advocacy group Color of Change has called on all black cast members to boycott the show and one fired "applicant" told me that they would shun the finale if their contract didn't stipulate they had to be there.

On Monday morning, Donald appeared on FOX News to try and dispel the charges he's racist.

"I am the least racist person there is," he said. "And I think most people who know me would tell you that. I am the least racist, I've had great relationships."

NeNe's fellow 'Housewife' (well, from NYC) Ramona Singer isn't buying it.

"Well, anyone who makes a racist remark is showing their opinion and where their mind is at," Ramona tells me.

Unlike past stars that have been fired by The Donald, I received an email from NBC making it clear neither NeNe nor Star Jones would be available today.

poppa

Donald Trump is a undercover racist niw hes trying to justify his relations with African Americans.

May 13 2011 at 9:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
melba w

I think a lot of this is true but NeNe was just MAD because she wasn't getting the right feed back for her immature attitude. I think if "wigman" would of agree with her MORE she would have stayed but the fact that he was NOT going along with the "TRANSGENDER SHOW" co-starring NeNe"can't handle real life" Leakes then she felt the need to LEAVE. Ok; what does this say about her as a person. That if someone or something gets her this upset and she's suppose to be a leader she will turn around and b a follower!!! She a WEAK ASS WOMAN OF COLOR and I would HATE for her to my sponor;listerning ear;or just near ME. I know I would be in the DOC and that's not short for Doctor either.

May 12 2011 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hamet

humm...."least racist" would imply that he IS racist,just not as racist as others,so I guess that would make it okay to be racist,just make it subtle.Jesus Donald!Don't tell me it's all semantics either!you know what?you're fired!

May 12 2011 at 9:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
deedee

politics ...im so over donald trump and his a like associates. Start making some valid points. Next what is he gonna say: Obama does not write in cursive so now he's even more un fit to be the president. really....get a life and a better campaign... Donald should.. correct all of the bankruptcies hes had and fix that ugly hair of yours first.. That should give you something more to do.

May 12 2011 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy Martin

So glad you're able to write an objective article.....lol

May 11 2011 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
devinmcmusters

Tag you're a racist! What you said was "code"....it doesn't matter what you meant...it was "code"..so automatically you're a racist!
You libs tire me out with your forced political correctness.

May 11 2011 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

"the least racist person". hmmm....

May 11 2011 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply