July 28, 2014

'Rules of Engagement' Secures Season 6 Renewal: Report

by Chris Harnick, posted May 12th 2011 12:00PM
Rules of Engagement'Rules of Engagement' will return for a sixth season, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The CBS sitcom, which has never been a breakout ratings hit, reportedly received a renewal deal thanks to the uncertain future of 'Two and a Half Men.'

David Spade, Patrick Warburton, Megyn Price, Oliver Hudson Bianca Kajlich and Adhir Kalyan star in the sitcom about marriage and relationships.

'Rules' has bounced around CBS's schedule, often serving as a midseason replacement. The show has flown under the radar, never a breakout hit like 'Two and a Half Men' with its more than 20 million viewers.

Season 1 started with 12.4 million viewers and each season after that dipped, with season 5 averaging 8.5 million to date.

The sitcom recently moved to Thursdays following 'The Big Bang Theory.'

Tell us: Are you happy for more 'Rules of Engagement'?

DIANE

I love the show. I was so sad when it was not on for a while. It is so much better than Big Bang Theory and Two and half men. Please continue it.

June 22 2012 at 12:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kid

congrats to rules for returning the show cracks me up CBS has the best sitcoms all of them very funny need more half hour comedy sitcoms and less reality shows monday night line up with five o is fantastic but i dont watch 2 broke girls how i met,mike and molly great still watch two and a half but miss charlie he was great with him sorry cbs but true hooked on NCIS and CSI big bang also one of my favs keep up the good work cbs and and keep these shows going as long as you can

February 23 2012 at 8:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Meka

I love this Show. So glad its coming back. People sleep on this show. Its the best.

October 03 2011 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Meka

I LOVE IT! I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL SUMMER FOR THIS. Everyone sleeps on this show.

October 03 2011 at 10:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sara

YES, glad that it will be returning! AT this house we were missing it, and I just came to the computer to check when it would be returning.

September 29 2011 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim

Great Show. Hope it lasts for more than just another season. Better show than 2 1/2 drunks.

July 18 2011 at 4:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bolt Zoltar

Yes Yes funny stuff ,lol...and megan , what A foxx..I wan't somemore........good work gang.

May 20 2011 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keith Smith

Yes, Timmy is the star of this show. It's a good show.

May 12 2011 at 3:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elvira

I definitely applaud the renewal of Rules of Engagement. I really like the show, and I absolutely adore Timmy; he's the real breakout star of this show. I wish the network would schedule this program on a regular comedy block instead of moving it around all the time. But I'll continue to watch it whenever it's on. It's better than Two and a Half Men, which has devolved completely into dirty jokes, bathroom humor, and pratfalls. Yuck. I don't care if it ever comes back, except I would miss Holland Taylor and Jon Cryer. Why don't the networks just give those two their own show? Who needs Tiger-butt Sheen anyway?

May 12 2011 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply