September 2, 2014

'Glee' Character to Be Killed Off Before Season Finale

by Catherine Lawson, posted May 13th 2011 7:30AM
'Glee' cast'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy has revealed a shocking secret: One of the characters will die.

The death is rumored to happen during the May 17, episode according to the Hollywood Reporter.

And that's not the only shocking revelation from Murphy. He told 'THR' that season 3 of 'Glee' will feature only -- gasp! -- one tribute episode. "I don't want to reveal what the tribute is about," Murphy says, "but we finally got permission."

Murphy's spoken in the past about not wanting the 'Glee' kids to linger on the show for years and years, and he says that killing off a character is just one of the multiple storylines that he's planned but kept top secret.

"In Act 6 of the 'Glee' finale there are four plot reveals -- all about relationships, moving forward and resolving some -- which will hopefully keep the audience interested over the summer. ... It's one of the reasons why I wanted to delay publication of the script -- those things get out, though, in this day and age you can't keep anything secret."

Murphy likened the season finale cliffhanger to a classic 'Dynasty' one: "The 'Moldavian Massacre' episode? I remember that." 'Dynasty' was renowned for its cliffhangers, the most (in)famous of which was the 1985 season finale, in which a royal wedding in Moldavia ended in a bloodbath after gun-toting terrorists turned up and left all the major characters seemingly dead.

It's been reported that the finale will feature such iconic landmarks as Times Square, Tiffany & Co. and Central Park, and that one of the big numbers is a mashup of 'New York, New York' and 'I Love New York.'

The reduction in the number of tribute episodes next season means that the one tribute will probably be to a huge star or band. 'Glee's previously paid tribute to acts like Fleetwood Mac, Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga. So who could it be? Prince? Cher? One thing's for sure: Ryan Murphy will be pulling out all the stops to keep it a secret for as long as possible.

The 'Glee' season 2 Finale airs Tuesday, May 24, 8PM ET on Fox.

fenngreyback

I think it's Burt. He already has health problems, and I think he will die of a heart attack after finding out about Kurt being Prom Queen.

May 16 2011 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ffrankrobinette

The Glee shows are wearing a little thin. Evil Sue can only get away with murder for so long. I mean in a real life situation she would have been fired. The school pricipal would have more backbone, and the Glee club would be in more competitions, present more shows to the student body and parents, and there would be more showing on the clubs' members in their other classes. In other words more of the daily activities of the school with the glee club the hub of the wheel. When you watch the current formula for so long.....the next thing that happens is so predictable and the viewership numbers will surely go down.

May 16 2011 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pdq87axy

It's definitely the closeted football player and it will be by suicide.

May 15 2011 at 9:39 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to pdq87axy's comment
Kelly Thompson

that was my guess to but then Ryan Murphy said that the actor was contracted for next season so it wouldn't be him :s I'm wondering if it's gonna be 1 or both of Rachel's dads??

May 16 2011 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tami

If you dont like the show then why even comment on it??? And those of you who are commenting on specific characters, how do you even know who they are unless you watch the show?? Stay away and leave the comments to those who enjoy the show!

May 15 2011 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LolaMarie

Kodiak good point

May 15 2011 at 7:14 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
LolaMarie

I am thinking Kurt's love interest too but I know he is a vital part of the show.( Love the warblers and think they are way more talented than Glee). I am figuring the principal since that seems the only one they could lose without losing veiwers.

May 15 2011 at 7:12 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
SfrGtrst1965

I can't believe FOX will keep junk like this on TV while cancelling Mad TV, Human Target, Lie To Me, and especially The Good Guys. The Good Guys is a cool show! I'm glad that I video-taped all the episodes when they originally aired. I'd take that show anyday over a show full of prissy homos.

May 15 2011 at 7:12 PM Report abuse -12 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to SfrGtrst1965's comment
Adele

Yeah--watch all the shoot 'em up, blood and guts shows, tough guy. You're comment was fine at the beginning,and you're entitle to your viewing pleasure, but leave out the small mindedness, please.

May 15 2011 at 7:36 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
Mama

I actually love the show! I think it's going tp be the gay guy.

May 15 2011 at 7:05 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Mama's comment
mosskicker

Which one darlin'? The fruity toot toot show is crawlin' with them. I hope it's Chris! At least the others are good looking.

May 15 2011 at 7:10 PM Report abuse -10 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mosskicker's comment
Gabrielle Aleta

Wow...

May 15 2011 at 7:17 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down
DangerWoman

They better NOT kill any characters with disabilities, physical and mental.
And if I find out that they are planning to kill a character with a disability, I will personally go after the producers and the creators of Glee and shame them in the media for their disabaphobia and for killing off a person with a disability.

And speaking of that, we are protected under the Federal Special Education Laws, The Americans With Disabilities Act, The Pardon Of The Disabled, otherwise known as The Olmstead Pardon, The Federal Hate Crimes Act, which made disabaphobia a Federal Hate Crime and the Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities Act, which means that YOU CAN'T SAY THE R WORD anymore and if you do, you will be punished and sent to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Washington, DC to be "Scared Straight" by John Hinkley, Junior himself!

And I do speak the truth about this, Glee Fans.

If the Glee People kill a character with a disabilty, they will all learn to NOT mess with a songbird scorned!
Mess With A Songbird Scorned and you mess with.......

DANGER WOMAN

May 15 2011 at 7:01 PM Report abuse -6 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to DangerWoman's comment
Gabrielle Aleta

If everyone's equal then everyone's fair game to get offed on a TV show. I hope you're kidding because if you're not, you need to take a chill pill.

May 15 2011 at 7:20 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Adele

Your name says it all Dangerwoman. You sound dangerous. I'm wondering if you haven't already been "sent to St. Elizabeth's". Please--calm down!

May 15 2011 at 7:33 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Virginia

One is a start. Then the whole next season is left to kill off all the rest, except Jane Lynch. Give her her own show and bury the rest, especially that terribly deformed Lea or whatever her name is. Such an ugly girl, so sad. The show is, using a 70;s word, lame.

May 15 2011 at 7:01 PM Report abuse -10 rate up rate down Reply