'Something Pitchy:' Did James Durbin Get Daughtry'd?

by Hilary Rothing, posted May 13th 2011 1:31AM
After flipping a coin between Haley and Lauren, none of us were expecting America to let James Durbin go down in flames, tonight. But fame is a fickle...well, you know and James isn't the first late game finalist to get smacked in the face by fans' shifting loyalties. In fact, James may find the Adam Lambert comparisons lessening in favor of Chris Daughtry, whose Top 4 elimination earned him an entry in the 'Idol' lexicon.

Did James Durbin leave the competition too soon? Is Scotty McCreery the second coming of Taylor Hicks? Is there a snowball's chance in hell of an-all girl finale? Myself, Rickey Yaneza (Rickey.org) and MJ Santilli (MJ's Big Blog) tackle these questions and more in this post-Top 4 results show edition of AOL's 'American Idol' talk show, 'Something Pitchy!'

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on FOX.

lioness80

JamesDurbin should have won American Idol! I do believe now especially after Daughtry, Adam,& now James its totally fixed I know a lot of my friends & family won't be participating any longer... It's really a shame but you know I believe that James will follow right beside the others & become a success!!! He already is, James Durbing Rock on my friend it's yours for the taking, You will always be our American Idol..Hang in there though it's gonna be a CRAZY ride ..Love you.& your family! !!Take care...
,@

May 25 2011 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cochranlyn

The country copy cat should have gone tonight!

May 16 2011 at 9:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
IDOL

I really want a girl to win.....otherwise it will be another white male contestant who plays guitar (Scotty did play it on the show) who wins. However, at this point I feel that the show needs Scotty more than Scotty needs the show (and to win it). He is the only one who can provide the credibility the show really needs after poor sales from past winners. Due to this, the producers will do whatever it takes to make him the winner.
As for the finale, if it's a Scotty/Lauren final two, it could be potentially the most boring performance finale in all ten seasons. Just think about the judges' critiques for Scotty and Lauren: "beautiful, in it to win it, nothing to judge, fantastic". For this reason, I really want Haley to be in the final two because she is the only thing that keeps the show entertaining right now.

May 15 2011 at 8:03 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Enough already!

Truly love all three of your realistic recaps, and your personal feelings on these Idols. Thanks for calling out the judging, in particular the OTT pimping that Jlo does. Please tell me any or all of you, what has Randy contributed to this show this year? At least Jlo and Tyler have provided us with a bi-weekly fashion show. Think Randy's time has come and gone.

May 15 2011 at 5:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason™

I still think it's unfair how Haley is treated. She has every reason to "play the victim." because she is. You guys should understand more than anyone that the judges/producers did not want her in the final three.

May 15 2011 at 4:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jason™'s comment
somethingpitchy

Jason, why do you think they don't want her in there...in other words, what's their motivation for keeping her out? We all know they are tired of the dull rocker dudes winning...

May 15 2011 at 5:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dlah123

WRONG Person to get voted off I dont know who does the final tally but I am sure Haley and or scott should of gone long ago. NOW LAUREN better win this Or I will N EVER watch american idoil again

May 15 2011 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pete

hey guys saw your show last night. I like to watch you 3 cause your comments are alot more on point.

May 15 2011 at 9:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply