December 20, 2014

'The Event,' 'Law & Order: Los Angeles' Canceled

by Jean Bentley, posted May 13th 2011 2:40PM
The EventIn the midst of NBC's flurry of pilot pickups (hooray, Chelsea Handler sitcom!) and series renewals (yay, 'Chuck'!), the network let the ax fall on two of its bubble shows.

Freshmen series 'The Event' and 'Law & Order: Los Angeles' are both canceled.

According to Entertainment Weekly, NBC will not pick up 'The Event,' its alien drama, for a second season. The show premiered strong, but its viewership slipped drastically throughout the season and just couldn't gain any momentum after its winter hiatus. However, it might not be completely dead: Deadline is reporting that the producers are shopping the show to other outlets, including Netflix.

Deadline is also reporting that 'Law & Order Los Angeles' has also gotten the hook, even after a drastic overhaul that saw Skeet Ulrich get killed off, Alfred Molina change professions, Corey Stoll shave his mustache and Alana De La Garza join the cast.

'The Event' and 'LOLA''s departures make room a half dozen new shows in addition to 'Chuck''s fifth season pickup and the renewals of both 'Parenthood' and 'Harry's Law.' NBC's greenlighted pilots include 'Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea,' 'Bent,' and 'BFF' along with previously announced pickups 'Smash,' 'Awake,' 'Grimm,' 'The Playboy Club,' 'Up All Night,' 'Prime Suspect' and 'Whitney.'

Stay tuned to AOL TV throughout the weekend for more news on cancellations and pickups as the networks firm up their fall schedules in preparation for next week's upfront presentations.

kenkjcksn

If the Event is trully dead then the writters ans produchers should tuen this awsome show into a made for TV movie
It's improtant that you finsh the storyline

August 01 2011 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Margo McDermott

I am very upset that law n order LA is cancelled. I am as upset as losing criminal minds LA. I guess I will just stick with all of my TNT shows (they are not cancelled). What next??? Cancel criminal minds itself! Dagnabbit. And you wonder why you are losing viewers. It's all in the sell- take a look at FALLING SKIES on TNT. Awesome!

June 29 2011 at 6:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
walkdusty

My husband and I enjoy both The Event and Law and Order: LA -- can't understand why the network would can these two shows, yet keep others that don't compare in depth of story line or the quality of acting...very disappointed in you, NBC.

June 27 2011 at 9:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sweetnlow5763670

dont cancel event

May 28 2011 at 8:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hghrobh

every time a baby boomer gets into a well staged and great story its cancelled.....The event was one if ny favorites about the only thing worth wathing besides no ordinary family .....oh thats cancelled too.... so we can watch more crap from the minds of perverts and gays tv sucks just like this network so Im done watching tv.....

May 24 2011 at 10:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Malinda Threadgill

I started getting tuned out to the Event during the holidays too, but it has SERIOUSLY picked up speed and I wouldn't miss it now. I love that show. Seems like so many of the really good ones with original thought behind them are being thrown aside for more of the same crappy, "turn-your-brain-to-mush" reality TV. If I wanted to watch folks act stupid, I'd grab a good drink, sit on my front porch, and watch the crazy neighbors!! I really think The Event has grown into one of the better shows on television this season. I'd rank it right up there with Fringe and Bones --- no matter what stinking network it's on. Leave it to NBC tho to get us hooked and leave us hangin'!!!

May 24 2011 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Candy Thomson

I love the Event, best show on TV. Please don't cancel the show.

May 24 2011 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Candy Thomson's comment
Grace

I love it also Please inform NBC not to cancel and the show is being left as a cliffhanger what will happen when the others come?

June 02 2011 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Raya

The Event is such an amazing Show!!! I Faithfully watch it every Monday!! This show is one of the best on tv & I don't think it needs to be cancelled!!!

May 24 2011 at 10:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl Cotterell

I love the event..watch it every week...please don't cancel....

May 18 2011 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl Cotterell

That sucks I watch the event every freakin Monday.....I love it...please don't cancel

May 18 2011 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply