November 21, 2014

Bravo to Recast 'The Real Housewives of New York City'?

by Jean Bentley, posted May 16th 2011 12:00PM
The Real Housewives of New York CityCould we have seen the last of Turtle Time?

Yep, Ramona Singer and her fellow socialites could be gone from 'The Real Housewives of New York City' next season, reports the New York Post.

According to the paper, Bravo is looking to completely rehaul the 'New York' cast by hiring an all-new group of women for the next season. That means Jill Zarin, pantsless Sonja Morgan and the rest of the ladies could be gone from the show completely.

"They want an entirely new cast to replicate Beverly Hills," a source told the Post. "They want rich, rich women, like Adrienne Maloof and Camille Grammer, dripping in glamour and $10 million penthouses. And they don't want to fake it. They are discreetly reaching out to women who fit the bill."

Of course Bravo remained mum on the subject, only admitting, "We are always casting for new housewives in every city."

When the Post asked if the network would consider re-casting the entire show, the rep said, "We've never done it before."

Draw your own conclusions in the comments.

Tell us: Would you watch a 'Real Housewives of New York' without the current cast? Do you think an overhaul would do the show good?

Designerchic

I am so tired of the self promoting infomercials...."buy my cd....my book.....my skincare. Blech! Now they have taken their toxic, diva behavior to a level that not even BRAVO can stand. Way to go girls! Screamed and bitched your way right out of a job. I can't think of any women who deserve it more. Horrible role models. I bet their children are so ashamed of them. Replace them with people who actually have manners and etiquette. And LuAnne, that does not include you.

July 29 2011 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louise Stanley

Jill needs to just shut her mouth! She is so, so toxic!

July 26 2011 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Madeline Micka Galle

Just watched NYHW reunion and Kelly is the stupidest person I have ever seen in my life how has she survived this long? Is she fuckin retarded or what! stupid idiot idiot idiot cant express how discustingly ignorent she is needs help what a pea brain!

July 26 2011 at 12:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pcsears

Yes, please recast the RHONY and OC. Anybody can do bad plastic surgery, foreclosure, and broke.

July 02 2011 at 11:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
flifree

This was the first season that I did not sit down and watch the entire show. They are all whinny, bitchy, and in Kelly's case crazy. Bring Betheny back and a whole new cast.

July 02 2011 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy Ruebush

Hello, I am a dedicated viewer. I have followed this show since it was very first beginning. I feel as though I know these women, however, I am growing more and more tired of the pretense of real money. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is a more suffisticated show and the women do not have to pretend to have more than they have. There is nothing wrong with not being wealthy, but, if you are not then stop the act. It is degrading to those of us that know BS when we see it.
Let me just say I will continue to watch whatever the Bravo decision is. I watch them all. I have a fondness for all the people, well, maybe not Ramona and Alex. I think they are simply trying to "Put on the Dog", as my Granmother would have said.
Thank You so very much for your time,
Kathy From Alabama

June 16 2011 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patricia Grady-Porte

Sure i will watch it. How about housewives of NewENGLAND, Dont go to far by hiring the vanderbilts there not that intresting

June 04 2011 at 9:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
s3xii_q3miinii

i love the ny housewives. i would cry if they recasted everybody! :(

June 03 2011 at 8:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dkc5150

New York ladies are all used up - time for new faces & new storylines.

Please don't touch the women of New Jersey - this season we are finding out where the "Jersey Shore" kids are breed and raised.

May 31 2011 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KK Smith

Please don't drop the NY or NJ ladies. We will be left only with California shows where every women has a skin tight face lift, and wears hair extensions down to her yahoo. I like that the East Coast gals are not just uber rich and glamourous females. Makes them see more real. The California shows could use more brunettes, it took me hours to tell all the blondes apart, especially when they all wear super-sized, blown-out versions of the "Farrah" hairdo, and so much makeup it is hard to see facial features.

May 31 2011 at 3:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply