December 22, 2014

ABC Announces 2011-2012 Schedule

by Jean Bentley, posted May 17th 2011 9:35AM
Charlie's AngelsABC announced its fall 2011 schedule this morning, and there are a few surprises on the lineup.

New series 'Apartment 23,' 'Good Christian Belles,' 'Man Up,' 'Missing,' 'The River' and 'Scandal' are all being held until mid-season, as are returning shows 'Cougar Town' and 'Secret Millionaire.'

'Charlie's Angels' nabbed the prime Thursdays at 8PM slot, while 'Extreme Makeover Home Edition' is moving from Sunday nights to Fridays to make room for new series 'Once Upon a Time' at 8PM, with 'Pan Am' debuting in the 10PM slot.

Check out the full fall schedule below.

MONDAYS
8PM: 'Dancing with the Stars'
10PM: 'Castle'

TUESDAYS
8PM: 'Last Man Standing' *new
8:30PM: 'Man Up' *new
9PM: 'Dancing with the Stars the Results Show'
10PM: 'Body of Proof'

WEDNESDAYS
8PM: 'The Middle'
8:30PM: 'Suburgatory' *new
9PM: 'Modern Family'
9:30PM: 'Happy Endings'
10PM: 'Revenge' *new

THURSDAYS
8PM: 'Charlie's Angels' *new
9PM: 'Grey's Anatomy'
10PM: 'Private Practice'

FRIDAYS
8PM: 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition'
9PM: 'Shark Tank'
10PM: '20/20'

SUNDAYS
7PM: 'America's Funniest Home Videos'
8PM: 'Once Upon a Time' *new
9PM: 'Desperate Housewives'
10PM: 'Pan Am' *new

Wondering why your favorite show isn't on here? Double-check that it isn't on the laundry list of shows ABC canceled last week.

Tell us: Any surprises on the schedule? Does it surprise you that they held several shows for mid-season?

Follow Jean on Twitter @hijean

casjane1

Would someone please tell me why Desperate Housewives wasn't on this past Sunday? Is it only on every other week? That's how it seems to be. I always watch at 9 pm on Sun. but it wasn't even listed this time. Also why is it that when there's a special or some other thing they always pick this show to take off? I wait all week to see DH and it's really annoying when it isn't on.

January 30 2012 at 10:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alexandra

I'm watching+DVR'ing Castle & Body of Proof; Castle is the best comedy-drama on TV. Body of Proof may not keep my interest for the entire season-so unrealistic you can drive a Mack Truck through the storyline.

May 18 2011 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alexandra

May 18 2011 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mikev40964

There's only 1 show on this schedule I'd have any interest in watching. But Castle is on the same time as Hawaii 5-0. So long, ABC.

May 18 2011 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
atorres079

bye bye abc, this does not sound exciting at all

May 18 2011 at 9:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eludium Q36

Prediction: "Charlie's Angels" lasts 3 eps then it's cancelled. Worst retro-remake idea ever.

May 18 2011 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mhawklet

Detroit 1-8-7 and V were among my favorite shows. Once Extreme Home Makeover and Castle are cancelled sometime in the future --because why would ABC keep anything worth viewing, there's very little to watch on TV. I do not like the reality shows (singing, dancing, dating, etc.).

It's reaching the point, with all the tripe on ABC, CBS, and NBC, along with their liberal slanted national newscasts, that I will probably cancel DirecTV and buy or rent an entire series of my favorite shows and watch them at my leisure. I'll use my new found evening time to do volunteer work, read, garden, etc.

May 17 2011 at 12:50 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
General Kenobi

Shark Tank and Modern Family are the only two things on that list I'm even interested in tuning in for each week.

May 17 2011 at 12:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EuropaE

Okay, I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but that photo of the new angles looks lame. I'm already thinking I'm gonna pass. (It therefore will probably be a big hit.)

May 17 2011 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Saltine

Body of Proof? Wasn't it cancelled?

May 17 2011 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply