October 2, 2014

CBS Cancels 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior'; Renews 'CSI: NY'

by Chris Harnick, posted May 17th 2011 12:40PM
Criminal Minds: Suspect BehaviorCBS has canceled 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior' and renewed 'CSI: NY,' Deadline reports.

The spinoff of 'Criminal Minds' starring Oscar winner Forest Whitaker and Janeane Garofalo, came in midseason with more than 13 million viewers, but has been dropping since. Its latest episode was seen by a little more than 9 million viewers.

While no episode count has been confirmed 'CSI: NY,' there's speculation it may not be a full 22-episode season.

CBS has already canceled 'Mad Love,' '$#*! My Dad Says' and 'The Defenders.' Deadline reports it came down to the wire in deciding the fate of 'Suspect Behavior' and 'CSI: NY.'

In place of these canceled shows, CBS has ordered 'Unforgettable' (starring Poppy Montgomery), the Robert De Niro-produced 'The 2-2,' 'Two Broke Girls,' 'How to be a Gentleman' and 'Person of Interest.'

Check on the status of the rest of CBS's bubble shows on our guide to canceled and returning series, and stay tuned to AOL TV for more updates. CBS will announce its full fall schedule on Wednesday.

Tell us: Will you miss 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior'?

lydeaanddan

Network BigWigs are stupid. They get rid of good shows and leave us crappy ones to watch are they trying to make us as stupid as they are? Criminal Minds is one of the best shows on the air.

October 27 2012 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cliff_walker

I only watched it on Netflix but cannot find the second half of the "thousand cuts" episode (#13), which ended as a "to be continued" thing. Did they ever finish that one?

March 15 2012 at 1:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leslie6042

I really miss this show and was hoping it would come back. Were there unaired episodes? If so, how can view them?

February 20 2012 at 8:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leslie6042

February 20 2012 at 8:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dania De Leon

I absolutely loved criminal minds. Forrest Whitaker was excellent. The cases, the cast, everything worked great. Garcia was brilliant as in the original show. At first I started watching the show because of the character Garcia but then got sucked in by all the fabulous actors. Please bring the show back, its a must watch!

February 15 2012 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaqueline Maritza Su

My family and I were really sad this show was canceled. It was not very good at the beginning but it got awesome in the last episodes. It sucks that when u canceled an awesome show u guys added really stupid shows. Way to kill ur channel. I don't what that channel any more unles it's for criminal minds! I hope u guys change ur mind and bring the best show ever back! CMSB!!!!

January 11 2012 at 10:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn P. Heron

What I find even more crazy is that they don't even let people know when they take things off the air so we can tell them what we really think. I mean I live overseas and we have to watch it a day later because of the time difference... and many people where watching it over here...they suck

November 03 2011 at 7:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn P. Heron

I think it started to get good towards the last couple of shows.. I think they should have tried it out for another season.. it would have done better... it was doing really good... that sucks

November 03 2011 at 7:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kbpenguin1975

I'm very disappointed that they have cancelled this show...especially to continue one of three CSI's. I also heard that Gary Sinise left the show anyway so now I really don't think I'd watch it. I love the concept of Criminal Mind's and I have followed the original for its entirety. I hope maybe they (CBS) can see their mistake and bring the other one back. This was a unique program (although they have since attempted to recreate its premise with the Mentalist and such) that I believe has an underlying lesson in each episode. I feel like I learn from this show and form a better understanding of people because I watch this show. It is one of the few shows that I find to be medically accurate (in psychology - my college major). Will miss it and I hope that CBS will not cancel the original any time soon!

October 24 2011 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna Power

You are nuts to cancel this show. I have watched ''Criminal Minds" since the start and would watch this . The cast bears watching. Criminal Minds Lover.....ME.... strongly suggests try it again. Punch up story line. After following CM's watchers Need to be sucked in.To think ...you cancelled Forrest Whitaker/ Janeanne Garofalo...............Ignore the comment previous to mine... it's the story line..... Donna Power

October 09 2011 at 3:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply