Charlie Sheen 'Destroyed' After Being Replaced by Ashton Kutcher
by PopEater Staff, posted May 17th 2011 5:55AM
Is it time for yet another Charlie Sheen meltdown? After it was announced last week that Ashton Kutcher would be replacing him in 'Two and a Half Men,' Sheen was quick to publicly mock the decision. He called the star of 'That '70s Show' a "sweetheart," but added that Kutcher would bring the show down.
However, despite his public show of gravitas, a source close to Sheen tells Popeater that privately he's "destroyed" by the casting news.
"He really thought that he would be invited back," a friend of Charlie's tells me. "After years of suffering no consequences for his behavior, why would he think anything else? Finally it has sunk in that he doesn't live by different rules to everyone else. Actions do have a consequences."
Following the news that CBS and Warner Bros. Television was going with Ashton, the young actor released a statement praising Charlie. "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!"
In return, Charlie said: "Ashton Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer. Oh wait, so am I!!" the actor told TMZ. "Enjoy the show America, Enjoy seeing 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB. Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."
My source reveals that the casting has hit him hard and that the lack of other offers has weighed heavily on him.
"He is destroyed that Ashton is replacing him. Destroyed," the friend says. "We are all worried that he hasn't hit bottom yet and that this could make him spiral out of control again. Especially after all the other productions that he assumed would happen fell apart."
Shortly after Charlie was fired he hinted that he was in talks with FOX and HDNet and that he expected to get paid $1 million for a 'Vanity Fair' interview. None of which has yet been confirmed.