October 1, 2014

Michael J. Fox and Michael Gross to Guest Star on 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'

by Catherine Lawson, posted May 17th 2011 8:10AM
Michael J. Fox and Larry David, in 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'Get ready for Keaton time on 'Curb Your Enthusiasm.' It's been announced that both Michael J. Fox and his 'Family Ties' onscreen father Michael Gross will be guest-starring on the upcoming Season 8.

According to TVGuide.com, Fox will play himself in Episode 10, in which 'Curb' uses Fox's real-life battle with Parkinson's Disease as a comedic plot device. "Larry moves to New York and takes the apartment below ours," says Fox.

The famously irascible Larry then believes that Fox is "being symptomatic just to annoy him -- a whole passive-aggressive thing. He's complaining because I'm shuffling and making noise upstairs. It's very funny."

It sounds like a match made in comedy heaven. 'Curb' has never shied away from using controversial subjects as vehicles for humor, and recently Fox has been guest-starring on 'The Good Wife,' in which he plays a trial lawyer who uses a neurological disorder as a way of getting sympathy from jurors.

Sadly, Fox and Gross won't be sharing screen time in 'Curb,' but Fox promises that the other Michael's guest spot will be just as funny. Gross will be seen earlier in the season playing Larry's dermatologist, and Fox says "I heard wonderful things about that [episode] when I was doing mine. They said it was really nutty."

'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 8 premieres Sunday July 10, on HBO.

KIRK

hello

May 18 2011 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Timi Hansung

IS THIS A NEWS? DUE TO THESE TYPE OF STUPID KAACCHDA NEWS I AM REMOVING AOL FROM MY PRIMARY PAGE, AND HOPEFULLY 23 PEOPLE TOO. GOOND BYE TOOO/

May 18 2011 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
indsmx

doc..... "I have to tell you about your future"

no, michael I have to tell you someting about your future... its a little shaky....lol

May 18 2011 at 12:38 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Gammy

I love MJF. He is a very courageous man. May he be blessed.

May 18 2011 at 12:27 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
sgmarsten

A friend of mine with Parkinson's Disease is participating in drug trials funded by Michael J Fox's organization. She had an opportunity to meet with MJF recently when he was in town to publicize a fund-raiser. She said he spent almost half an hour with her, just chatting and encouraging her to keep her spirits up. She said he was even more genuine and likable in person than he had always seemed in his public persona, and meeting him was a huge boost to her morale as she struggles with her symptoms.

Michael J Fox and Christopher Reeve both turned their personal tragedies into a chance to help thousands of other people who suffer as well. To appreciate what they have done, just compare them to Charlie Sheen who had everything and seems determined to throw it all away while he sneers at the rest of the world.

May 18 2011 at 12:10 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Harold

Michael J. Fox is a pushy self centered snob. I'd watch a show with him and Robin Williams in it to see which one pushed the other into admitting that he was the greatest. Fox demands that you like him and you have to agree with all his bullshit. Robin Williams demands that you laugh at his sillyness, which is putting it mildly.

May 18 2011 at 11:31 AM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Harold's comment
nsmagnuson1

I'm sure that they will be devastated to know that you don't like them, Harold. By the way, just how much time have you spent with them personally?

May 18 2011 at 12:30 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sekinu2

I love the show but until I see the first new episode Im not holding my breath as its been almost 3 years since last season.

May 18 2011 at 10:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
greggt6l

I'm sure that Fox will shake things up!

May 18 2011 at 9:36 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
garlo83

no thanks, I think I'll pass

May 18 2011 at 9:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
freekybig53

Fox would have been the perfect replacement for Charlie Sheen !!!

May 18 2011 at 8:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply