July 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

One Shocking Death May Lead to Another on the 'Castle' Season Finale (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 17th 2011 5:23AM
'Castle' season finale - 'Knockout'After Kate Beckett uncovered that her mentor, Captain Montgomery, was involved in the conspiracy that led to her mother's death, she found herself having to mourn him as well on the Season Finale of 'Castle' (Mon., 10PM ET on ABC). But even this would not deter her from trying to uncover the truth.

That truth will have to wait until next season, but Beckett's going to have to get there first. In the closing moments, while she was giving the eulogy at Mongtomery's funeral, Castle realized a moment too late that someone had Beckett in their sights.

In the next moment, she was shot and Castle was begging her to stay with him. He then admited, "I love you." He even said it a couple of times, though we don't know if she was able to hear him. She was unconscious at the end.

Did she die? Well, probably not considering it's the sexual tension between her and Castle that's driving a lot of the viewers back to the screen every week. But we'll have to wait until next season to find out for sure, and see if she can come closer to uncovering what happened to her mother.

Watch the full episode here:

jazzbuff

After viewing the ending of Castle again Kate had blood on her glove maybe it was from Castle. Maybe he was the one shot at and she fainted from that realization, I hope, cause he will survive it. Can't wait till fall season. Why no reruns??? Lou

May 20 2011 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kenyng

Death, Murder, mutulation, torture, CSI X 3, Law & Order, Ncis, Castle, now that's family entertainment!!

Comedy shows where the Father is an Idiot, but the family still lives in a beautiful house.

The kids talk back to their parents and are out of control.......

Bring back the TV shows of the 50's & 60'S!!!

May 17 2011 at 5:56 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Deb

Castle is a great tv show! I look forward to Monday nights! All the spoilers said someone would die during the finale but no one mentioned Kate would get shot too! I was shocked! She had just admitted her love for Castle while looking at him during her eulogy and then, "BOOM!" she was hit by a bullet! Of course, the star of the show will be fine next season, but I wonder know if Castle's admission that he loves Kate will lead to a romance. If so, I hope this doesn't negatively impact on the show because their sexual tension was awesome! We are all cheerleaders for them but it might mean the end of the show!! Oh noooooooooo!

May 17 2011 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hershhunt2

I love this show, and this was one of the reasons why, the twists and turns. I was not expecting this season to end this way. About time he confessed the truth to her. Good job to the writers.

May 17 2011 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hi, Kaytee

Castle finale left me breathless and stunned! A tremendously great episode and I can't wait for the new season to begin!

May 17 2011 at 9:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply