October 22, 2014

CBS Announces 2011-2012 Schedule

by Jean Bentley, posted May 18th 2011 9:20AM
Person of InterestIt's CBS's turn to shake things up with its fall schedule, which the network just announced this morning.

'CSI' is finally getting the boot from its longtime Thursday night time slot in favor of the J.J. Abrams-produced 'Person of Interest,' while 'The Good Wife' is getting transferred from Tuesdays at 10PM to the highly competitive Sundays at 9PM slot.

The network's two new comedies will both get their shots after established shows, with '2 Broke Girls' airing after 'How I Met Your Mother' on Mondays and 'How to Be a Gentleman' landing post-'Big Bang Theory' on Thursdays. Interestingly, 'Rules of Engagement' is being pushed to Saturday nights.

CBS is saving the Robert De Niro-produced cop drama 'The 2-2' for mid-season (hopefully with a better name).

The full fall schedule is after the jump.

MONDAYS
8PM: 'How I Met Your Mother'
8:30PM: '2 Broke Girls' *new
9PM: 'Two and a Half Men'
9:30PM: 'Mike & Molly'
10PM: 'Hawaii Five-0'

TUESDAYS
8PM: 'NCIS'
9PM: 'NCIS: LA'
10PM: 'Unforgettable' *new

WEDNESDAYS
8PM: 'Survivor'
9PM: 'Criminal Minds'
10PM: 'CSI'

THURSDAYS
8PM: 'The Big Bang Theory'
8:30PM: 'How to Be a Gentleman' *new
9PM: 'Person of Interest' *new
10PM: 'The Mentalist'

FRIDAYS
8PM: 'A Gifted Man' *new
9PM: 'CSI: NY'
10PM: 'Blue Bloods'

SATURDAYS
8PM: 'Rules of Engagement'
8:30PM: Comedy Encores
9PM: Drama Encores
10PM: '48 Hours Mystery'

SUNDAYS
7PM: '60 Minutes'
8PM: 'The Amazing Race'
9PM: 'The Good Wife'
10PM: 'CSI: Miami'

Schedule missing your favorite series? Double-check our guide to canceled and returning series to make sure it didn't get the axe.

Tell us: Are there any surprises on the schedule? Will you follow 'The Good Wife' to Sunday nights?

quintanaauntieem

I don't like that CSI was moved to Wed. instead of its normal day Thurs. I have been missing the shows because of this. But I written down the schedule to all my favorite shows, and hope that I won't be missing any more shows.

October 22 2011 at 9:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The New Homes Broker

I will not follow the Good Wife on Sunday nights because I tape it and hate the fact that I am getting the tape of the lousy show before it, so I am not watching it at all. Way to go CBS, blow it for your best show putting it on after football and play that lousy show The Amazing Race. I am really upset that I have The Amazing Race on my DVR and cannot watch the good wife, so I will boycott the genius at CBS who did that by not watching any of your shows. There are so many good shows on cable that's what I will watch.

October 10 2011 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
singlebkman6x6

they just went crazy!!! by Moving the good wife , CSI and canceled the defenders, criminal minds suspect behavior. I love the shows. what Mother Father they trying to do !!!!!

June 02 2011 at 1:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharon

YES i will follow Good Wife to Sunday. One of the finer shows on TV.

May 30 2011 at 8:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RALPHCHIPMUNK

what happened to The Defenders, Chaos, Love those shows.Why does cbs do this.

May 24 2011 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erik

It really says a lot when they have comedy and drama encores filling in Saturday night instead of oh I don’t know, maybe actual new shows or shows that got cancelled like The Defenders. Saturday night is good enough for Rules of Engagement but not anything else? Sorry, 48 Hours Mystery is just a waste of space.

I’m not fond of moving around shows to different nights after they have an established audience for that night. Moving them may cause a loss of viewers because they may watch something else on the night it was moved to.

NONE of the new shows even interest me in the slightest way. I guess having a single 30 minute show that the ENTIRE family can watch is unthinkable these days huh?

May 19 2011 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

way to f*ck it up CBS you just killed CSI thanks alot

May 18 2011 at 11:19 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
ibefreed

Well, noone ever accused the networks of intelligence. The head of the programming department is obviously on crack and the rest of them have their heads up their wazoos. Sunday 9 pm for their best show? Idiots! Keeping Mike & Molly, How I Met Your Mother (enough already!) and the incessant CSI franchise (especially Miami - Caruso can't act his way out of a paper bag fer chrissakes!). Idiots! Watching CBS fall flat on their azzes next fall...priceless.

May 18 2011 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Avaricia Millinery

If it's not broken, don't fix it. Why move "The Good Wife"...arguably the best show on T.V.

May 18 2011 at 8:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
callmemisskate

They get rid of the defenders yet keep mike and molly? worse they keep rules of engagement which is as bad as mike and molly. Moving CSI to 10 pm on Wednesday would have ticked me off a couple years ago but since they have turned it into the Lawrence Fishburn show it's hardly worth watching. I miss the ensemble cast and the hunky guys.....I just flip the channel now and only watch if George Eads, Sonja, the lab guys or Doc Robbins are on...which is about 10 minutes most shows since it all revolves around "ray" (Gawd could it be more boring) and the serial killer, ray and his former student, ray and the bad kid, ray and his emotional problems...gawd it's gotten so dumb and that guy just isn't watchable, the chemistry is all wrong now..get rid of fishburn, bring in Nestor Carbonell to head the team, the blonde woman that used to be on day shift, and Blair Underwood as a transfering CSI and watch how quickly the chemistry on that show is fixed and ratings go back up. As for now it's fine they moved it I can watch grey's anatomy without having to channel flip anymore :). i'd never seen that show until CSI got so bad with fishburn in it...now I kinda like it most weeks unless it gets stupid...out of this new line up there are maybe 3 show's i'll watch one i'll flip thru...the rest not worth bothering with. Even Survivor was boring as crap and just the same old crap.

May 18 2011 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply