December 18, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Which Two Finalists Guaranteed Their Spot in 'The Biggest Loser' Finale? (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 18th 2011 12:48AM
'The Biggest Loser'The penultimate episode of 'The Biggest Loser' (Tue., 8PM ET on NBC) always seems to drag as there are only four contestants left, no one gets eliminated, and we've still got two hours to fill. But there are heartwarming moments, and this is a pretty special Final Four.

Jay is the comeback kid, who's decided he must have nine lives. He's been eliminated once, saved from elimination a second time and is still hanging in there. Then there's Irene, who lost her partner in the first week of the competition.

They're joined by sisters Hannah and Olivia, who nobody gave a shot at making it this far in the beginning. That they did it together is even more impressive. This week's weigh-in determines the top two, who are guaranteed a shot at the $250,000 prize in the finale. The bottom two plead their case to America and hope for a vote to put them in the Top Three.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

So it's a lot of filler and flashbacks to earlier in the season to get us to that point on the scale. Hannah and Olivia walked on campus holding hands and their dream was to walk off campus the same way, having secured a place in the Finals. And they did just that.

Each lost four pounds to slip past Irene for the week and nab that guaranteed one-in-three chance at the top prize. That left Irene and Jay to battle it out for America's votes. One goes for the $250,000 while the other shifts over to compete for the $100,000 at-home prize.

Watch the full episode here:

Mac

Scotty.....clean, pure and rich voice....
Haley....lots of screamers out there, when you go beneath the scream, not much voice or strength
Lauren, sweet voice, but there are lots of "sweet" voices out there...she needs more time to grow but she will, she has good foundation.

May 19 2011 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
smurf

I want Jay to win. He can still loose more weight!!

May 18 2011 at 2:16 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
jessie

The only thing "AMAZING" about that show is that it is till on the air. For the truth of the REAL story behind the Biggest Loser, check out the video blog that debunks diet and fitness fads and exposes The Biggest Loser: http://www.FedupFemale.com

May 18 2011 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
geldonski

More garbage TV for feeble minded viewers.

May 18 2011 at 1:52 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
ace1922mark

I have to say I root for anyone but Hannah. She may be nice in real life but comes off as a jerk on the show. I only know her show persona and it's not appealing. Last week mumbling under her breath as she kept sliding under the line. Again she may be nice, but I hope someone else wins. Moses was my fav.

May 18 2011 at 1:40 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Ba

I said weeks ago Hannah and Olivia should feel ASHAMED. When it was between one of them and another player that still had a lot of weight to lose, they stood there crying "I have to be here" even though they looked like they were in shape to go home and the other felt bad for them and told the players to vote him off. It happened with both sisters. So sick of their phony tears. I hope Irene wins.

May 18 2011 at 1:37 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ba's comment
emsbill19

I agreee, Go Irene!
Hannah, and her sister should have been gone. Some should still be there like Moses. And the guy that left last week, and the really heavy guy that left. (He was on the blue team)

May 18 2011 at 4:36 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
no1midge

I find this show demeaning and I don't watch it anymore. Here is why;
1. At the weigh-ins they have to stand there half nakid or if a woman in a very tight bra top. When you weigh less you are allowed to wear a t-shirt. It is meant to embarrass the larger contestants? If the reasoning is that clothing has weight, they can weigh the clothing before the weigh in and subtract that amount from the scale.
2. In some of the outdoor workouts instead of in the gym or even in an outdoor setting they do not lift weights, but have them pull large items like trucks or airplanes. Is that to make them look like work animals?
3. Again at the weigh-ins, there is a beeping noise that sounds like a semi backing up. Anyone in jr high or high school knows all the large kids were made fun of in the hallways with bullies making a beeping noise when they walked by. This is a lack of tolerance and respect. is that beping noise supposed to make you feel good?
4. contestants are voted off because they did not loose enough weight for the most part, some because of a bad attitude but not that often. Getting kicked off the show because you did not measure up is no way to build these peoples self esteem. It just makes them feel fatter. I rarely hear of any contestant s going home and continuing to loose the weight.
5. I dislike that woman instructor. she is a "B". She is mean AND ugly. All the instructors are nothing but bullies. People who loose 1 pound as well as those who loose 6 or 7 should be given the same encouragement. the less you loose the more support you should get. They should not get ridicule or shame. They do not deserve more yelling at.
And in case you are wondering, I myself weigh about 250. When I try to diet, I do not tell anyone. I lost 35 pounds once, I was so proud of myself I told everyone and I was shocked at the critisicm I got. It was like getting yelled at for not loosing all the extra weight. It was horribly discouraged and fell off my diet and gained it back and more.
Please, please support all the weight loss. Reward all the contestants no matter what they loose.

May 18 2011 at 12:13 PM Report abuse -4 rate up rate down Reply
skyracergirl

Ok Jay and Irene may seem happy for the Hannah and Olivia but deep down they both wanna just punch the little wenches. Yeah I would too. I have hated both of them from the start

yeah yeah congrats wenches. but you ARE not the biggest Loser!!! Jay was the biggest Loser to me He lost the most weight!!

May 18 2011 at 11:55 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to skyracergirl's comment
ally

Actually, Irene is the Biggest Loser at this point, having lost the highest percentage of her body weight.

May 18 2011 at 12:12 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
skyracergirl

May 18 2011 at 11:54 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
Ja

I absolutely love Allison Sweeney! I've always been a fan on hers b/c she plays Sami Brady on Days of Our Lives... but I remember her struggles with her weight back then and she looks amazing now so when I see her on the show I feel like she really understands how some of these men and women are feeling!!!

May 18 2011 at 11:49 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply