July 28, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'America's Next Top Model' Season 16 Finale: Did Molly or Brittani Win? (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 19th 2011 12:36AM
Molly & Brittani, 'America's Next Top Model' season finaleAnother season of 'America's Next Top Model' (Wed., 9PM ET on CW) came to a close as Tyra Banks dramatically revealed the winner of this season's competition. Would it be Molly, the adopted girl who struggled with abandonment? Or Brittani, who came from a trailer park and wears her emotions ... well all over the place?

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

In this final episode, the girls had a shoot for Covergirl and another one for 'Vogue Italia.' But perhaps the most memorable moment came during a fashion show celebrating "Anglomania."

"There's these damned rose petals and your shoes are so slippy, like your shoe always like kind of glides on them," Brittani said as preface to one of the harder falls we've ever seen on 'ANTM.' Brittani slipped, tried to catch herself and failed completely.

In the end, it was a brutal deliberation and almost a virtual toss-up as to who might win. But when it came down to it, Brittani was announced as the winner. Were you surprised?

cindersdg

Worst Top Model ever. What a waste of time this session was.

May 19 2011 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dfilson1004

Banks has been doing this low rent show for years. How many of these girls have actually gone on to be a ' TOP ' model? I mean, it's pretty damn hard to make a purse out of a sow's ear.

May 19 2011 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dfilson1004's comment
rude

The show is on the CW...of course it's low rent. Face it, Tyra Banks is no better than any of these wannabe models. With layer on layer of makeup, a hot white light and photoshop, any of them could do a print ad. If they have an attitude and can walk and chew gum for more than 30 seconds, they can do runway work. There's nothing magical here, just self-assurance. Most of them just need to keep they're mouths shut, 'cause that's when the ghetto comes out. And who knows better than Miss Tyra?

May 19 2011 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mandi B

I love brittani's new haircut. What a difference it made. She actually looked like a model with it. As for Molly's haircut....wow sorry you got butchered. Ouch.

May 19 2011 at 1:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cjhadley

I HAVE SEEN MIKEY (sp?), WHO WAS TOP MODEL A FEW YEARS AGO, DOING COVER GIRL ADS IN MAGAZINES AND ON TV. MOST OF THESE MODELS...YOU WOULD NOT RECOGNIZE LATER ANYWAY....THEY USE SUCH EXTREME MAKE-UP, REDO HAIR ,AND USE VARIOUS HAIR PIECES. AS A WHOLE, THOSE GIRLS ARE VERY YOUNG AND IMPRESSOINABLE. TYRA AND CO. SEEM TO CONDONE AND USE FOUL LANGUAGE WHICH INCOURAGES THE SAME. MAYBE THIS IS AN INDUSTRY "THING", BUT I,TOO, HATE TO HEAR THE GIRLS USING IT

May 19 2011 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daleah Williams

OH i am so pissed off how in the good name of modeling did Brittini win? She walked off stage during panel for crying out loud! Panic attack my right shoe Tyra was going to rip her a new one...

May 19 2011 at 12:30 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Daleah Williams's comment
Connie

Brittani's mother is mentally ill, and these things can be passed down for generations. I inherited an anxiety disorder from my mother. Does that mean I don't deserve to win anything? You've obviously never had any kind of anxiety in your life if you can be so unfeeling and cold about a very real issue. Have a freaking heart, it's not her fault. She made her ammends with Tyra and Tyra forgave her. She won the competition fair and square. Besides- Molly did take gorgeous photos the whole competition but she did nothing but complain and bitch about everything the whole time. At least Brittani has a pleasant personality for kids to look up to.

May 19 2011 at 1:42 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
atdflooring

John Stewart, You suck so bad. Your not funny, just very stupid looking, what a creepy face, I would love to just punch you out/

May 19 2011 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cdsnapp

Oops! I mean't MOLLY'S hair

May 19 2011 at 12:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cdsnapp

Didn't get to watch the show!!! What happen to Brittani's hair?? No wonder she lost! Not a fan or either girl - But that hair cut sux!!!!!!!!!!!

May 19 2011 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bchbunnie4

People...its called "Americas Next Top Model" not Americas Next Top Role Model!!

Sheesh...if you're looking to tv shows to find role models for your kids, you suck as parents!!!!

May 19 2011 at 11:53 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
jvsarran

Frankly, I became hooked on this show because I couldn't believe that the magic of photography could turn such awkward, plain, ordinary girls into sometimes stunning beauties on film. I also have to remind myself how young & insecure they all are. This was a weird season - I didn't so much want Brittani to win as I didn't want vacant-faced Molly to win. Hate that every season there is at least one who thinks she's so far above the rest - confidence is fine but arrogance doesn't cut it for me. Am sure that's all cast & scripted for effect, anyway.

May 19 2011 at 11:20 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply