April 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Haley Reinhart Performs With Her Father, Falls on 'American Idol' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 19th 2011 1:07AM
Haley Reinhart, 'American Idol'Haley Reinhart certainly had a memorable opening number for this semi-final performance episode of 'American Idol' (Wed., 8PM ET on FOX). She became the first contestant to perform during the show with a family member on-stage when her father joined her on Led Zeppelin's 'What Is and What Should Never Be.'

He proved a consummate guitarist and a professional all around. Poor Haley, either flummoxed by her father's presence, or just unlucky in the moment, took a tumble at one point when trying to climb the stairs in front of the judges, but she recovered quickly and finished strong.

"Did you fall for me?" quipped Steven Tyler. But, more seriously, he added, "It's not about how many times you fall, it's how many times you get back up."

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on FOX.

Did Haley do enough to get into the Finals?

bblond88

I think Scotty has the million dollar voice! He is the package. I like country. I'm sure who ever wins they both will have great careers in music.Both seem to be great kids!

May 22 2011 at 2:21 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bblond88

I think this season of IDOL had the most talented singers period.

May 22 2011 at 2:18 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
zzsandman

How many of you are drinking the koolaid ? The remaining three contestants on this most terrible show lack starpower talent. I am not suggesting that they cannot sing, they can, but they have no business being on an IDOL show.
This show has gone to "da dogs" . The judges are terrible and give very poor analysis of the performers. Simon Cowell made the show interesting , now the show boarders on stupidity with lack luster performances.
This was also a "family" show, as it is no longer. The performances from the hired performers are too sexual for children to watch. Hence , the show is far gone from this viewers DVR and will tune in to the x factor .

May 21 2011 at 11:03 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
David

Yes Mary. I also saw the look of disbelief on Haley's face. I quickly pointed that out to those who were watching the show with me. I think Steven Tyler gave her a false sense that she could take it all. Very amusing at the very least.
Many artists, like Led Zeppelin, don't need to be fixed. Leave their songs alone. I don't always agree with the song choices that Jimmy and the Idol judges pick for the contestants. Still laughing here.

May 21 2011 at 9:28 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to David's comment
md

Haley's debut album, "Listen Up!" will debut one year and one day after your comment. She has a long career ahead of her and will enjoy many more laughs than you.

April 28 2012 at 12:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

While many approved of Haley's performances, I found her raspy growl absolutely annoying. that and the fact that while trying to make certain songs their own, they absolutely destroy songs that I grew up with and love. Just like at Lauren's audition with the judges and her trying to sing "Don't wanna miss a thing" by Aerosmith." Leave it alone. These songs don't need to be "fixed". I tought Haley would be gone way sooner than she was, not voted to remain on the show. And as far as james Durbin went, if he didn't scream his way through every song, I feel as though he would have taken it all. Bless his heart....heavy metal had it's reign. He had a great voice when he wasn't screaming.

May 21 2011 at 9:24 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to David's comment
chatterlady

David...I have to agree with you! I was shocked that Haley hung in as long as she did! Some hormonal males I suspect. The growling and screaming did nothing for me and my house!

Durbin has his place...but not as the Idol winner. Pia had a beautiful voice but could not entertain. At least Scotty can do both!

May 22 2011 at 4:08 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to chatterlady's comment
md

Haley performed with Slash and Myles Kennedy on national television in February 2012. She is slated to perform at Lollapalooza 2012. And two months after that will play Carnegie Hall with Irvin Mayfield Jr and the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra. She'll also be doing "Girls Who Rock," which helps sponsor education for girls in the developing world. These events were all booked before the debut of her album, "Listen Up!," which will be released exactly one year after you made your comment.

April 28 2012 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
bobandit2014@aol

i am glad it went down to scotty >laruen becaues country music rules and the rest just take it????lee

May 20 2011 at 1:27 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bobandit2014@aol's comment
winmer55

Country music is not the best music, lee10229. There are a lot of successfulness pop stars out there.
Country sucks!

May 20 2011 at 9:49 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
DIANE

i would have liked to see HALEY and CASEY in the finals, just because they had bought diffrent kind of music and styel to the stage, the two that are the finals have not......this isn't a country show.

May 20 2011 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mary caldwell

Did you see the look on Haleys facee when Ryan called out Laurens name..PRICELESS!!!!!

May 20 2011 at 10:05 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jillellenm

Without James, it is boring. No one compares to his talent. I'm glad Haley is gone. She is a sweet jazz singer, but her smirking while others lost cast her in a negative light. I couldn't support her attitude.

May 20 2011 at 2:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jillellenm's comment
Bill

...I didn't like the way Haley put her feet on the ground - I'm glad she's gone. ... and James? What was up with the dish towel hanging from his belt loop? I'm glad he's gone too. .... and how about the way Scotty just sat there... when they went to commercial? Can you believe the nerve? .... and what about that Casey? I'm glad they sent HIM on his way. Can you imagine the way he smiled at people? ... and I'm glad they....

May 20 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ftbrjb

AMERICA GOT IT RIGHT - CONGRATS TO SCOTTY AND LAUREN FOR MAKING IT TO THE TOP TWO. Lauren will make her mark in music for sure and Scotty will not only win American Idol, but will be the next country Super Star and is already a Legend in the making. Only 17 and has the whole package. He is someone that our young adults can look up to and admire no matter what your choice in music is.

May 20 2011 at 2:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply