October 21, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Josh Turner Surprised Scotty McCreery During His 'American Idol' Home Visit (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 19th 2011 11:56PM
Josh Turner & Scotty McCreery, 'American Idol'Every season, one of the most heartwarming episodes on 'American Idol' (Thu., 8PM ET on FOX) is when the top finalists get to go home for that amazingly warm welcome from their hometown communities. With such young finalists this season, it was overwhelming for the likes of 17-year old Scotty McCreery.

At one point, he simply broke down in the limousine from the constant stream of love and support he was getting. Later, he about lost it completely when country star Josh Turner surprised him on stage with the song 'Your Man.' Scotty turned the opening lines of that song into his signature phrase early in the competition.

"I've only lived about 17 years so far, but this might just be the best day of my life," Of course, he hadn't received the results of the Top 3 voting yet. If he made the finals and got a chance to sing for the title of 'American Idol,' there's another day that might vie for best.

'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM ET on FOX.

Dave

Beam me up Scottie!

May 23 2011 at 12:32 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ftbrjb

Scotty, Our next American Idol for all the right reasons. Only 17 but has the whole package. America is in love with this young man, and well they should be. Thanks to his parents for raising such a fine young man and sharing him with the world. He will be the next country Super Star and a great roll model for our young adults to look up to and admire. Good Luck Scotty, America got it right last week and will do it again this week and crown you the American Idol which you surely deserve.

May 22 2011 at 12:26 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
msjs1956

My husband and I absolutely love Scotty. He is so common, and so down to earth for a 17 year old. You can tell he is a really honest person and so sincere. He and Lauren should sing together more often. Good Luck Scotty on the finals.

May 21 2011 at 1:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
JOAN MCCOY

Scotty has been my pick all along. you go Scotty. I also think the lauren and haley also have big careers in from of them too. the idols this year, (most of them ) were just amazing. great kids

May 20 2011 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bernadine

Scotty has always been my favorite AI singer since he first appeared on the show. I wish him all the luck to become this year's American Idol.

May 20 2011 at 12:16 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Yvonne & Joseph

What a Great Kid, Finally Someone With Heart !!!!!!!! Go Scotty !!!!!

May 20 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply