September 19, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'The Celebrity Apprentice' Season Finale: And the Winner Is ... (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 23rd 2011 2:48AM
Donald Trump, 'Celebrity Apprentice'After a long and memorable season of 'The Celebrity Apprentice' (Sun., 9PM ET on NBC) it came down to just two. Either Marlee Matlin or John Rich would be fired by Donald Trump, with the other becoming the fourth celebrity winner in the most popular format of the reality staple.

Except, The Donald decided to do something a little differently this time around. Rather than fire one of them, he simply declared a winner. Was this a statement as to how much he respected the person who came in second, or just him trying something new?

Of Matlin, Trump said: "You've raised more money than anybody in a single night, over a million dollars. The job you've done is just absolutely incredible." Of Rich, he said, "From the beginning you've been a leader. You've been strong. You've been smart. You've been sharp. I just can't ask for anything more."

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

But there can be only one. "I'm going to do something a little different tonight," Trump told his live audience. "The winner of 'The Celebrity Apprentice 2011' is John Rich."

Do you agree with this decision? Was Matlin robbed?

Watch the full episode here:

mchl105394065

I was rooting for Marley, but I understand the reasons for John Rich's win.

I think this show's really predictable though. You usually know who's going to be in the top two and win. The way they "film" the show focuses on the flaws of all the people who want make it and has the top two look perfect for the whole comp.

May 23 2011 at 11:03 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mchl105394065's comment
mchl105394065

won't*

To add: I had been rooting for Star since the beginning. I get she's cut-throat and somewhat manipulative, but I respected the fact that she treated the show like a game and fought as hard as possible for her charity. The reason she got fired, btw, was complete bs. Clearly Trump doesn't like empowered women--he is the Republican behind Miss America after all.

May 23 2011 at 11:09 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
PookiePebblesz

John you were great! Oh happy day for you. What a game it was, but you deserved it. God Bless.

May 23 2011 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
goodfoodmakesfun

The worst season, ever. The worst cast ever, Trump let everyone down. To back out of a race. He is a quitter and I had nothing but respect for him. I am so sick of seeing Ugly people inside and out on his show. John Rich is a cry baby, and is stuck on himself for no reason. I was also so sick of Marley and how she was set up to keep going until the end just because she was deaf. She was talent less and they kept her around just like the get the black vote. Get somewhere because of your talent not because of being black or deaf. I hate this show now it is fixed!!!.

May 23 2011 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to goodfoodmakesfun's comment
mchl105394065

I don't think Marley is talentless at all. And her speech was about the fact that she wanted--and did--prove herself as a strong contestant *beyond* her disability because too many people would assume it was a pity vote that she was there.

May 23 2011 at 10:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Gary Hjelm

The winner of Celebrity Apprentice President is?...Donald Trump! Wait, "The Donald" is refusing to accept!

May 23 2011 at 4:08 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
WTF

Boo effin' boooooooo. Marlee all the way, baby. Although, I will say this: John Rich seemed to be a very, very intelligent, focused dude. He came off a lot better than Clint Black did a couple years ago. Love John's charity - St. Jude. I am from Tennessee where St. Jude is - but I still think Marlee should have won. So what if he brought in $275,000 more dollars. It wasn't a fundraising event. Marlee proceeded through the whole show with an INTERPRETER and didn't miss a beat. Let's see John Rich do THAT and keep his cool. Donald Trump - you're fired!

May 23 2011 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to WTF's comment
mchl105394065

I agree. And he *didn't* fundraise. He only happened to have some rich friends who randomly decided to drop money on him.

May 23 2011 at 10:55 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

Bullcrap! Absolute bullcrap! Marlee is clearly the true winner, it has nothing to do with her deafness, it's because she's a female and this macho Trump of a loser is a sexist piece of crap whom I hope never wins the Presidential Primaries.

May 23 2011 at 2:24 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
John

This year was going good until the street bitch showed her colors. But she walked so it was just fine she knew when to leave. When John was chosen as the winner on the extra money he brought in ended my respect for Trump and the whole show. I will not watch again if it is allowed back on. I hope the stations say thats enoughof trump.

May 23 2011 at 10:52 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
skudaarkaat

Right, Mrs obama. She gyrates onstage like a ***** in heat and because she's mixed-race, you think that this makes her a role model? Then How about naming Idi Amin posthumously as the NAACPs Man of The year!

May 23 2011 at 10:14 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
alphalfa1

I think it was a chicken poop way out for The Donald to not have to "FIRE" Marlee. I think if it were anybody else (who is not "disabled") he would have had no problem saying "You're fired!".

May 23 2011 at 10:13 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to alphalfa1's comment
mchl105394065

Or it could've been because he thought she was good enough that he wouldn't fire her.

May 23 2011 at 10:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
skudaarkaat

I'm SO glad Marlee Matlin didn't win. She's been living off of her handicap (and that's EXACTLY what is it) for too damned long and I'm glad it didn't work this time. Hooray for Donald Trump!! Imagine that! Getting something because of what you've done to EARVN it; Not just be black or hispanic or crippled!

May 23 2011 at 10:09 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to skudaarkaat's comment
WTF

You're a prejudiced pig. Marlee Matlin has not been "living off of her handicap". Her deafness is an obstacle...an obstacle that she has very successfully hurdled WITHOUT special treatment. I doubt John Rich would have the patience to deal with the obstacles Marlee Matlin deals with on a daily basis. Rich clouded the whole thing with the extra money being brought in. He KNEW this wasn't a fundraising event, but he used those donations to blind Donald Trump and to blindSIDE Marlee Matlin. Had she known he was going to do that, she would certainly have worked on bringing in some money, too. If John Rich were a stand-up guy, he would have funneled that extra money to St. Jude on the sly and not used it as a stepping stone to win this game. But.... he's clearly not a fair-playing, stand-up guy. He and Star Jones need to go in together and hold Manipulators & Ruthless Greedy Bitches Camps across the country. They fit well together.

May 23 2011 at 2:47 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
mchl105394065

It's bad enough that she has to work around her disability to compete, but then there's disgusting people like you make every person who isn't a "normal" white, heterosexual male do twice the work to prove themselves. Oh, of course she had special treatment! She couldn't have possibly *earned* it--it had to be a pity vote! If you had watched the show, you'll know she raised the most money for one task in the history of CA when she was project manager. So, no, it wasn't about pity at all and she more than proved it.

Anyone who wants to make someone feel they don't deserve what they've *earned* because of their race/disability/gender/etc. is just pathetic.

May 23 2011 at 11:00 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply