October 26, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Randy Jackson's 'Idol' Prediction: 'Scotty's Probably Got a Slight Edge' (VIDEO)

by Jason Hughes, posted May 24th 2011 4:00AM
Randy Jackson, 'Chelsea Lately'Randy Jackson snuck away from 'American Idol' during this finale week to sit down with 'Chelsea Lately' (Weeknights, 11PM ET on E!). Chelsea Handler took the opportunity to talk to him about the new judges and ask his predictions for the finale.

"They're a little bit warmer, a little bit sweeter," Jackson said of Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez. He intimated that it might be because they are current artists, and perhaps can relate more readily to what it's like to be in the contestant's shoes.

Surprisingly, Jackson was willing to make a prediction as to this season's finale match-up between Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery. First, he said that he suspected this would be the final two from the get-go. But then he said, "I think probably Scotty's probably got a slight edge; a very slight edge."

We'll have to wait and see for sure, but our gut tells us he's right about Scotty having a slight edge going into this final performance show. Lauren is going to have to come out strong and stay that way throughout the night.

drsensai

Truthfully I could care less what RJ (DOG) has to say....like his talentlessness act himself is of any measure...he is a idiot....

May 24 2011 at 5:40 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to drsensai's comment
ftbrjb

I believe that the TRUE idiot is the one you look at in the mirror every morning when you try to clean that fungus that has taken over your face.

May 24 2011 at 6:03 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
supplyusa

LAUREN will be the next American Idol ......... and we will all watch her mature into a confident beautiful star.

Scotty is a one trick pony

May 24 2011 at 4:32 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to supplyusa's comment
MEMORIE DS

and lauren needs to save a horse ride a cowboy. could she have been anymore yucky last night crying in her mamas arm that tired and a phony way to try and get votes guess what lauren it didnt work scotty has won this thing hands down

May 25 2011 at 12:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
apollo6713

Haley really won in my mind - she was definitely the most talented. Will buy her album as soon as it's out!

May 24 2011 at 4:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
toohot92175

all the comments about the grand ole opry and country ...lol...so funny the when in fact the biggest american idol winners career was Carrie Underwood.....and not another since........

May 24 2011 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to toohot92175's comment
GULFWINDS94

well I will say this at least he is true to his genre, not like so many of the so called country singers today But he was certainly not the the most talented one there by a long shot.......

May 24 2011 at 2:13 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
Delores

I hope that Scotty wins the Idol, we need this kind of idol, he is a clean living, down home plain, honest to GOD
Country singer.and starting out clean . Lauren Alaina will be runner up, and I hope she gets a call from
Nashville Grand Ole Opery, shes is a close contender. Loved them all, they were so good this year.
I say Good Luck.

May 24 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Delores's comment
GULFWINDS94

well if we were to vote by what you call clean living( lmao), they should have called it clean livin idol I guess. The kid is 16. He hasn't had a chance to do any dirty living yet.

May 24 2011 at 2:21 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
rockinhchihuahua

I hope that Scotty wins.There is plenty of country fans and stars to help him if they will.I was so glad to see Haley leave,all she could do was scream while she was trying to sing.
jellybean

May 24 2011 at 1:21 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Penny

I am glad that she has had all the success she has but enough already!!! This is all you hear about. Let's get it over with and move on!!! My Gosh!!!!
Really it was just another talk show!!

May 24 2011 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Penny's comment
fitnescraz

Just another talk show? Yeah, for 25 years...... and the lives it changed touched?.....the Oprah show was and always will be bigger than Oprah it had a life of its own..... I for one will miss the stories and plights of ordinary people that where often told on it....

Penny you must lead one EXTRAORDINARY life..... if Oprah's talk show was just another talk show....dime a dozen....... ;)

May 24 2011 at 3:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
depsusie

Wierd season ! Lots of the really good ones dropped earlier than expected. Haley and Lauren were weaker competitors throughout season with Pia, Casey, James, Josh and Stephano being deleted much too early. Scotty has been extremely strong since the beginning...it'd be really wrong if he loses. C'mon ...do we still trust Idol?! Not me ! If Scotty doesn't win... this will be my last season.
WE did meet some truly outstanding potential performers and watched them grow... for that I am grateful.
It woulda been great to see James and Scotty compete for the top spot.

May 24 2011 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to depsusie's comment
Angela

I agree with you, especially about James...but unfortunately we can't blame Idol itself..it is America that chooses after the top 13 are picked. They had a better group of people this year than they have had in a LONG time. I think America's votes have been BS for weeks now. Scotty does deserve to be where he is, and Lauren is adorable..but come on! I enjoyed seeing Steven and J.Lo, I didn't think I would watch again after Simon left. They made the show exciting again ;)

May 24 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
zoey

Scotty looks like Alfred E Newman from MAD magazine

May 24 2011 at 12:56 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
4 replies to zoey's comment
DAVID SHANNON

Haley and Scotty would have been a great show. Very diverse styles. Unfortunately it will be like watching the Grand Ol Opry. I have nothing against Country music -- I just wanted to see competition. I'm not even going to bother watching tonight. I may watch tomorrow to see if James sings with Steven and Haley sings with Stevie Nicks. I'm betting that last week will be a far more popular show than tonight.

May 24 2011 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to DAVID SHANNON's comment
GULFWINDS94

you're right yawnnnnnn, what a boring finale. So glad the Deadliest catch comes on tonight. James, Pia, Casey, any of these were better than the final 2.

May 24 2011 at 1:54 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply