October 21, 2014

What's On Tonight: 'So You Think You Can Dance,' 'How to Die in Oregon,' 'Secret Diary of a Call Girl' & More

by Rich Keller, posted May 24th 2011 5:23PM
Belle makes a decision about her career in the series finale of 'Secret Diary of a Call Girl.'Here's tonight's lineup of new shows and events (all times Eastern). Check your local TV listings for additional information.

* = Series/Season Premiere
** = Series/Season Finale
# = New Day/Time

Welcome to the official start of the summer television season. Or, as some disappointed fans call it, The Season of Redbox.

8:00 to 9:00
FOX: 'So You Think You Can Dance'* -- (120 minutes)
DIY: 'DIY Dominator'
HBO: 'How to Die in Oregon' -- (120 minutes)
NatGeo: 'Naked Science'
Planet Green: 'Dresscue Me'
TNT: 'NBA Playoffs' -- 8:30 start for game 5 between the Heat and the Bulls

The rest of the schedule after the jump.

9:00 to 10:00
A&E: 'First 48'
Current: '4th & Forever'*
DIY: 'Run My Renovation'
History: 'Swamp People'
MTV: 'Lady Gaga: Inside the Outside'
NatGeo: 'Known Universe'
Spike: 'Impact Wrestling' -- (120 minutes)
TLC: 'Police Women of Broward County'
TVOne: 'LisaRaye: The Real McCoy'** -- One-hour finale

10:00 to 11:00
A&E: 'Manhunters: Fugitive Task Force'
Animal Planet: 'River Monsters: Unhooked'
Bio: 'Biography' -- A profile on voice-over artist Ted Williams
Bravo: 'The Real Housewives of New York City'
CNBC: 'Code Wars: America's Cyber Threat'
Cooking Channel: 'The Originals With Emeril' -- 10:30 start
Discovery: 'Swords: Life on the Line'
DIY: 'Yard Crashers'
Food Network: '24 Hour Restaurant Battle'
HGTV: 'House Hunters' and 'House Hunters International'
History: 'Mounted in Alaska'
ID: 'True Crime With Aphrodite Jones'
MTV: 'Randy Jackson Presents: America's Best Dance Crew'
Oxygen: 'Snapped'
NatGeo: 'Break It Down'
Showtime: 'Secret Diary of a Call Girl'**
Spike: 'It Only Hurts When I Laugh'

11:00 to Midnight
Bravo: 'Watch What Happens: Live' -- Willie Geist is the guest
Showtime: 'Gigolos'**

Ian Brooks

Which day is this for? Everything is posted on the wrong dates since the changeover.

May 27 2011 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iamdw

had it bookmarked but wasn't sure if this was the right listing because of the '2011/05/24/whats-on-tonight-May-26-2011/' URL… then couldn't find it on the main page either. Bookmark to the Late Night lineup was stale and a new listing wasn't on the main page. The change stills makes no sense - hope this gets sorted soon one way or another soon. The old combined was the most comprehensive out there i could find. Starting to look elsewhere again. =/

May 27 2011 at 4:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LuAnn

I don't want to see what YOU morons think I should see. I want to see what all the selections are. I don't understand why you changed things. You do NOT choose what I should or what I want to watch. Give us back the simple listings the way they were before some doofus at AOL thought this was better.

May 26 2011 at 7:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
sildate

Somebody at AOL please fix this! Thank god for tvguide.com.

May 26 2011 at 7:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to sildate's comment
ejordon326

Do I ever agree...this is horrible...cannot find a thing...why complicate everything!

May 26 2011 at 8:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LuAnn

This new format is awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 26 2011 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
algoritham

PLEASE FIX THIS THE "WHAT'S ON TONIGHT" IS MALFUNCTIONING AND NOT BEING LINKED FROM THE MAIN PAGE!!!

May 26 2011 at 5:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to algoritham's comment
RKBEAR

If you have an issue with the format please contact AOL TV or its editors. There's no need to vent your frustrations on the What's On Tonight post. Which has not changed with the switchover. We're not telling you what to watch here; only what's new.

May 26 2011 at 11:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to RKBEAR's comment
algoritham

Mr. RK Bear,
I understand you are doing your best but your work is totally inaccessible! Since the switch the dates have been incorrect on the "What's On Tonight" posts and they are NOT showing up on the main page, which is why everyone is getting so upset. I have already contacted the editors days ago using the "Send Us Feedback" link at the top of the page and the problem has yet to be resolved. Please advise.

May 27 2011 at 1:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
Doug

I think you posted the Thursday, May 26, 2011 prime-time schedule for Wednesday, May 25. And I was not going to just post this, but since I am commenting on the mismatched days, the posting was a little late today.

I would like to see the late night talk show schedule returned to this listing/post, instead of in a separate listing/post like it currently is being done now.

May 25 2011 at 11:27 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Doug's comment
RKBEAR

Yep, I messed up the time by accident. I'll make sure to double-check when I post for Friday. To restoring the late night list: you'll need to take this up with the editors.

May 26 2011 at 11:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply