August 30, 2014

Your Favorite 'Oprah Winfrey Show' Moments

by Chris Harnick, posted May 25th 2011 6:00AM
Oprah WinfreyGet those tissues out because it's time for Oprah's big goodbye.

The daytime diva is wrapping up 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' after 25 years of laughs, tears, Favorite Things and free cars.

It's no secret that Oprah has had a profound effect on her viewers and the TV landscape as a whole -- just look at this list of wannabe Oprah talk show hosts who've come and gone during the big O's reign.

To honor Oprah and you, her loyal viewers, we asked for your favorite 'Oprah Winfrey Show' moments on Facebook and Twitter using the #OprahMoment hashtag.

From big gifts to heartbreaking tales, check out what you deemed your favorite 'Oprah' moments.

@HarenTella: one that stands out to me is when she gave each member in her entire audience a car!

@whoopsidaisy86: My favorite #OprahMoment was seeing @Susan_Lucci reunited with all of #EricaKane's husbands. :)

@jenben915
: "You're Gonna Make It Afterall!" My fave moment was when Oprah re-enacted the MTM opening theme song. Classic! #OprahMoment

@kumquatte: I think it was her birthday episode, and as a surprise #SidneyPoitier came on. She was beside herself... #OprahMoment

@theserge: JOOOHHHNNNN TRAVOLTAAAAAAA!!!!!! #OprahMoment

@geektech713
: watching Barak Obama on Oprah with my mom and seeing so many times I knew what he was about and vote right. yep Obama 2010 run 4 WH

Stacey Chadwell Prouty: There are too many to list just one! I grew up with her and will miss her very much ♥ Oprah for President!

Bobby Richardson: When she interviewed the lady that was attacked by the chimp in Stamford, Connecticut

Holly Stowe: The cross country trip with Gayle!!!

Angela J. Hebert: When she wheeled out the equivalent of her weight in animal fat. . . .

Charlotte Myers: When she asked Michael Jackson if he was a virgin

Didn't get a chance to send us your favorite moments? Share them in the comments.

mc086249

I'm not a big Oprah fan, but I did catch the show where this guy rode around Russia and other countries to see all the children prostitutes. He even picked up a kid who was being pimped out by his father!! That was a very good episode and that made me start doing my own research on this serious problem..

May 26 2011 at 11:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hgarrob

Is there anyone out there who thought Oprah sounded like a preacher????

May 25 2011 at 6:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hgarrob

I love Oprah, but todays last show.........all she needed was a pulpit!!

May 25 2011 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FUCK ME HARD

My favorite O moment was a show about drug abuse and near the end Miss O admitted to using crack cocaine and everybody just lost it! "Oh, my, O did crack! Nooooooooooo! Say it isn't so! Not O!"

May 25 2011 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charlotte

Well I was a little disappointed with Oprah's final show. I was hoping for seeing a trip down the last 25 years in pictures...IE: her hair styles, clothes, weight on/weight off, funny surprises and all that cool stuff. Instead it was just an hour of yak, yak, yak. I like the way she said thank you to one and all, but really....couldn't there had been some fun-laughing-sharing the good times and all that?

May 25 2011 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
devinmcmusters

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Oprah, there's no one
Fatter than you.

May 25 2011 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DrawBySundown

Good riddance... move on.

May 25 2011 at 2:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
GRANNY

THANK GOONESS!!!!!! SHE SHOULD NEVER HAVE TRIED TO RUN THE WORLD.. LOOK WHERE IT GOT HER.,

May 25 2011 at 2:28 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Duane & Carole

I wanted to thank Oprah for all her wisdom, laughter moments and advise. Oprah has been an inspiration to all women and a God send to children in need. Through one of her magizine articals I was able to get through a very rough time in my life, you touched my heart. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Oprah and may you live a very wonderful and long life.

May 25 2011 at 1:32 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Peggy Elrod

I am going to miss Oprah's show so much. I can't even count how many I have recorded over the years when I was working so I could watch when I came home. So many topics and subjects that have been covered. I really liked the pretty much all of them. You and Ellen have filled my days together for so very long now. Before Oprah had her show I religiously watched Phil Donahue, Honestly though noone has been a better talk show host. Your honest and respectful approach to so many subjects is just amazing. You have taught us all that peoples lifestyles are not for us to judge or ridicule. I will truly miss the message your show conveys everyday.

May 25 2011 at 12:17 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply